cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Operations - Committment Carryforward without Carry fwd budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a following situation to be implemented in SAP related to Carryforward commitment and Carryforward budget commitment

Open POu2019s (Purchase Orders) relating to Opex items :

Eg: If a PO (No. 11RXX1) was raised for AED 12,000 in August 2011, and as at Dec 31, 2011 the vendor provide services worth AED 10,000. In this case the user department will ensure that the total vaue of the service entries booked and accepted equals AED 10,000. This would leave an amount of AED 2,000 still open on this PO. As part of year end process, this PO 11RXX1 should be carried forward to 2012 with the same number. However, the commitment of AED 2,000 consumed from 2011 budget will be cancelled and not carried forward to 2012. This amount of AED 2,000 will be consumed from the 2012 budget from the same Funds Centre & Commitment Item (originally used in 2011).

Please advic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe what you mean is that you do not want to carryforward the budget for the outstanding PO commitment AED 2000. This can be accomplished in BCS configuration:

Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government > Closing operation > Closing operation for BCS > Activate budget carryforward for commitment

If it is not activated for fiscal year and commtment VT, then FMJ2 will just carryforward commitments without the attached budget.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the reply. the requirement is to release the budget committed of 2000 in 2011 and re-commit the same from 2012 budget of same funds center and committment item.

> However, the commitment of AED 2,000 consumed from 2011 budget will be cancelled and not carried forward to 2012. This amount of AED 2,000 will be consumed from the 2012 budget from the same Funds Centre & Commitment Item (originally used in 2011).

Regards

Abishay

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, what is the problem? What you require is normal carry-forward... If you are keeping the same FM address, you even don't have to define reassignment strategy.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you check the configuration point I gave you? If 'Carryforward Budget for Commitment' is NOT activated for FY 2011, the commited/consumed budget will be freed and left behined in 2011. The outstanding commitments will then be carried foward to 2012 to consume 2012's budget.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

let me try your solution.

Regards

Abishay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

I configured the step which you have explained and it works perfectly fine. But, If i want certain PO's to carry forward commitment along with budget and cetain PO's just the commitment, how can i achieve this scenario. The cofiguration only restricts at the level of VT.

Anyway I really appreciate your time and efforts.

Cheers

Abishay

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be achieved if you are using BCS.

I presume you are.

If you are working on a release below EHP5, you can achieve this by using badi FMBCCF_ENTRY_DOC. With this badi, you can activate the budget CF for commitments in the IMG by default, and then use the badi to set the amount of the budget document to Zero depending on your conditions.

If you are on EHP5, this can be done with a derivation strategy (there is a new IMG activity under Closing operations - for Budget (BCS) named Define Derivation Strategy to Prohibit Budget Carryforward from Commitments)

Hope this will help you

best regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, we are not on EHP5. Let me check and get back.

Regards

Abishay Solomon

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok Abishay, please share your results as we'd like to gather some feedback

thanks a lot!

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same issue.

My doubt is if we activate the carry forward for budget, will this be added to next year budget?

e.g.

X is the fund centre. 2011 budget is 5 lac consumed is 4.9 lac.

10000 will be carry forwarded to 2012.

X budget for 2012 is 10 lac . will 2012 budget will be 10 lac plus 10000 of 2011.

Regards

Zunaid

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that will depend on the way how you perform the budget CF:

If you CF commitments with their own budget, the budget will be added in the following year but will be consumed by the corresponding commitment being carried to the following year as well.

If you CF budget separately (i.e. CF of residual budget), yes, the residual budget will be subtracted from the past year and added to the following year

b/r

Mar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't quite get your requirement. If you want PO to be carried-forward, this refers to the commitment it represents. But, on the other hand, you are asying that the commitment should be cancelled and the budget released. So, why carring-forward the commitment if you are going to cancel it? Sometimes, it's indeed required due to budgetary proceedings, though... In this case, carry-forward the PO and then de-commit it.

Regards,

Eli

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli, nice to "read" you.

That's interesting...

> Sometimes, it's indeed required due to budgetary proceedings, though... In this case, carry-forward the PO and then de-commit it.

How do you "de-commit it" ?

Can u explain me, please?

Thanks!