Did you mean: 

generate via bapi new kpro entries for originals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I'm using sap dms with kpro:

I have an original file already checked-in and

linked to an existing inforecord.

I'd like to link the same original to another inforecord avoiding to check-in the file again (no duplication of storage).

Any idea about which bapi or function modules to use?

Thank you in advance

paolo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

concerning your question, I don't think this is possible. Due to the fact that for each attached original an own PHIO-ID is created, it will maybe cause inconsistencies when you try to attach one original to more document info records.

I've tested the behaviour with BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 but without success. I think the better solution would be to link two document info records together under tab "object links" or you can create a document structure in transaction CV11.

Hope this information will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

thank you for your answer, I agree with you.

But I cannot believe there is no standard way, I mean bapi or fm, to load a new record on the table DMS_DOC2LOIO.

This at the end is the only problem.

Regards

Paolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me. I want to upload an image file from XI to KPro. How is it possible.

Thanks

Rajiv

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Paolo,

this is not possible, because this can cause inconsistent entries or data loss. If the same original (PHIO-ID) is added in several document what should happen if it is deleted in one document only because it is wrong there. Then this original would be removed from all other documents too.

Therefore every original gets it's own PHIO and LOIO-ID if it is checked in the first time. So even if you add the same original into several document info records, always a separate ID is generated to avoid inconsistent data.

Best regards,

Christoph

ArunAK
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file in different server and I want to provide the http path in the originals of DMS but I could not able to check in, Is there any possibilities to skip check in while saving the document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does your answer still apply ? I wonder about that, because when using cv01n with a template document, both documents will have the same LOIO, PHIO und FileId (selected by report DMS_KPRO_READ).

Thanks

Harald

Answers (0)