cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.3 system as ABAP+JAVA dual stack installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a basic question about BI 7.3 installation; In our organization we are planning to install BI 7.3 system as ABAP+JAVA stack installation, but what I understand from SAP documents that SAP strongly recommend to install both the systems as separate stacks.

Now issue is we cannot afford one extra system for BI implementations as BI system will be used by small number of users.

So question is

Can I install ABAP+JAVA dual stack (With Same SID) for BW 7.3

If yes then Will NW 7.3 installation master gives this option?

If not then what would be the best possible way to achieve the separate stack installation on single server (NO MCOD please)

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar case where I had to install a java stack for an already existing CRM system running on Windows/SQL Server.

I installed a different SID for Java on the same host and I installed the Java database as a second database in the same SQL server engine.

Therefore I shared the hardware resources but still had 2 separate stacks as best practice.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier,

I am also planning for the same, but was searching for a choice of dual stack installation with same SID.

Because we have very less number of BI users and wanted to do the minimal utilization of system resources.

Any other options would be appreciated.

Regards

Sukhwinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dual stack installation for BI 7.3 is not possible anymore. But as suggested you can install the BI_JAVA system on the same server as the Abap stack either in the same database or with even with a second database.

Cheers Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you installs the separate ABAP and Java then SIDs have to be different, and as already suggested - just share the resources between these two instances on that single server.

Thanks