cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of webdynpro developments to NW Portal 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're going to upgrade to NW Portal 7.30; and we must to install it into new machines.

My question is... how can I proceed to migrate my webdynpro java DCs developments to the new environment / machine? I have no idea about that...

Is there any export / import tool? I don't think so...

And another question about it... anyone knows if there's a MVC architecture incompatibility? The webdynpro java developments are not in MVC architecture... and I listened that this is not compatible with NW 7.3...

Thx!!

Miguel Angel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where did you listen those ****?

conerning wd nw7 and nw7.3, they are compatible, you just have to manually convert it. the ide will guide you to do that.

check this sap help.

Migrating Application Projects from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to a Higher SAP NetWeaver Version

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/257a6142ac539ae10000000a421937/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John!

Thanks so much for the source link! I read it carefully and I have one question...

In the "Running the Application Projectsu2019 Migration Wizard", says:

Prerequisites

You have configured the new version of the Developer Studio you are using after the upgrade to connect to the development track where the application projects developed on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 reside. Note that this is the Developer Studio in which you trigger the application project migration wizard.

I guess this is the "old" development track, right? I mean, where I'm working right now... how can I trigger the application project migration wizard? Maybe this tool only exists in a NWDS of a new realease? Must I download and install a new release of NWDS? Which one?

Thx!!

Miguel Angel.

PS: ok, I guess that MVC architecture is not mandatory

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the old track has to be migrated first

nwds7.3 can be downloaded from sap service market.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John! I will follow the help guide and I'll wirte here if a I have any problem...

Miguel Angel.

Answers (0)