cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entity 'lt' undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

While editing and saving a Message Map, the following error occurred in Dev system:

com.sap.aii.ib.server.abapcache.CacheRefreshException: Attempt to access application REPOSITORY using Http Method Invocation (HMI) failed. Detailed information: Invoking ROA method "ReadObjects" via HMI ... FAILED due to following exception: Message: Unexpected error on server for system REPOSITORY with application REPOSITORY. Detailed information: Reading GDI ... FAILED. Source is not well formed. SAXParseException at line 3, column 3940. Details:
Message: XMLParser: Entity 'lt' undefined (:main:, row:3, col:3940)
Stacktrace:
com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.NestedSAXParserException: XMLParser: Entity 'lt' undefined (:main:, row:3, col:3940)(:main:, row=3, col=3940) -> com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Entity 'lt' undefined(:main:, row:3, col:3940)
	at com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.XMLParser.getGEntity(XMLParser.java:2383)
	at com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.XMLParser.handleContentReference(XMLParser.java:2339)
	at com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.XMLParser.scanContent(XMLParser.java:2458)
	at com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.XMLParser.scanElement(XMLParser.java:1841)

The cache notification and updates were green. The error was later noticed in problems tab after the object was moved to production. The MM was reflecting correctly in Integration Builder after transporting to QA and PRD, but at the runtime the messages were failing with this error:

com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.persist.ResourceNotFoundException:
Unable to find resource

We were able to fix the error by activating a new version of the object and transporting across the environment.

The testing was probably done after a full cache refresh (which also resolves the problem) in QA and hence we could not catch the error in UAT. Can anyone help me understand what the error means and the probable cause behind it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found out that our XI developers trigger and cancel full cache refresh as they please. This might be a result of one of that. SAP has suggested us to patch XI TOOLS, XI AF and XI AFC to the latest one, as the problem could not be analyzed with the information we provided.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unable to find resource error is usually due to a cache issue.

Most common solution is to run a complete cache refresh or re activating the object and in the worst case a restart of the java stack seems to fix the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AKD,

I have never seen an error like this before.. but probably we can try a few options.. like ..

are you sure it is failing for every message..

i am wondering if that "lt" has something to do with the "<" sign being present in the running message or something.. what i mean to say is.. probably somekind of a special character or something?

Regards,

Ninu