cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 decision point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have solman 7.0 in landscape and not much is configured on it. To have solman 7.1 what is better ? to upgrade it to solman 7.1 (upgrade for abap and java stack both) or to install new solman 7.1 directly ?

Any help appreciated !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it the Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 or just the Solution Manager 4.0/7.0 ?

If you see that nothing is really configured and the Satellite systems are not properly registered then I would say - better to go for Solution Manager 7.1 new Installation. It seems better considering the time consumed to upgrade both the stacks - ABAP and Java, and then you can carry on to register satellite systems from the scratch.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes nothing configured as we have registered with global solution manager for EWA etc. but soon we may use our own solman. so I thought that I should plan new installation.

what you guys say ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say, you go ahead with the new one.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As an expert that implemented both 7.0 EHP1 and 7.1, I would say go with 7.1 as many new things are shipped within 7.1, such as alerting and new monitoring infrastructure. The workcenter is more powerful and the setup wizards are more accurate.

We are in SP03 right now, SP04 is coming soon.

Hint: May I recommend you that after installing the 7.1 you must upgrade your stack to SP03 BEFORE running the setup wizard. I myself though that the marketplace would deliver me the 7.1 SP03, I went on with the setup and some errors came, then I realized that I had to apply the SP...

Best regards,

Guilherme