Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning in planning run procedure doubt

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to APO i have a doubt for planning in planning run procedure.

I was going through the SCM250 PP/DS and i found this in the book for planning in planning run procedure

"You use this setting, for example, if you do not want to trigger production from the

ATP check in the CTP scenario for this product"

I lost in this.

Can some one please elaborate the meaning for above it would be highly appreciable?

Thanks

Shaiil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaiil,

In APO PP, there is bit of Master Data called "Planning Procedure". Planning Procedure can influence when planning is done. You can trigger a heuristic to be executed automatically, based on defined events. One of the events that can trigger an automatic heuristic is an ATP check Planning Procedures can be assigned to a Product in the Product Master.

Planning Procedure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/64/dca63be2bc331be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

In APO, there is a specialized type of availability check (ATP) which is called Capable To Promise (CTP). In CTP, it is common to assign a Planning Procedure that immediately covers dependent requirements. This means that upon ATP, the system will generally automatically create a planned order, schedule it, and generate dependent demand.

Capable To Promise

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/4c/56297de7c33a0de10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

These types of automatic planning are totally separate from a planning run. It is possible to run a product line with only automatic planning, only planning run planning, or various combinations of both types of planning.

If you wish to learn about APO, you should first search through online help before posting a question.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

I read the material and was bit confused I am also reading the help file but still was not comfortable so posted

thanks