cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Care SAP Business model

0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings.

As a part of our Health Informatics degree and MBA/MS specialization in Healthcare, we at Georgia State University are exploring options to create a classroom SAP Business model for the Health Care industry (similar to Global Bike and/or ERPsim - which is primarily water bottles and Muesli). Has anyone in this forum tried something on those lines ?

The model that we intend to design should bring out the nuances of the Healthcare industry specifics.

Any experience shared will be highly appreciated.

Sumantra Sarkar

J. Mack Robinson College of Business,

Georgia State University

Atlanta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sumantra,

Hi! What your thinking of is very interesting! My first thought is that it would be worth considering an extention off of Global Bike which is designed by professors for professors and their students... Creating this curricula and data sets along with their scenarios is a big undertaking... Building an offshoot from a current, major program might makes sense vs. starting something from scratch (that's your call though!)...

Suggestion...keep it simple... Try to identify one area that works for you...

From SAP Healthcare here are some examples - http://www.sap.com/industries/healthcare/solutions-overview.epx

• "Quickly access disparate data u2013 anytime, anywhere

• Make better decisions with relevant and trustworthy data

• Collaborate easily with patients and other care providers

• Mobilize your healthcare professionals

• Make your workflows more integrated and efficient

• Reduce process cycle time"

Perhaps you think of a bicycle race with hundreds (or a thousand plus) racers. You provide a First Aid station or testing which is connected to a local hospital, an ambulance, the police to help with their safety. You have the idea... you can assess this scenario or another...

Good luck!

Best regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your insights....

Cannot agree more.....Yes, it's a big project no doubt......but worth investing....

What I am thinking is - map/modify the Sales Order Revenue Cycle to a "patient-admission-to-release" cycle......and hence all the master and the transactions data that is needed to run this.......highlighting on the nuances of the Healthcare domain.......say for example ( just wild thinking as of now)....for a non-ambulatory procedure.....a data entry of the patient name (can we call him a customer or is the insurance company the customer??) ....credit check (or is it Insurance check??).....how is the customer billed ??? are there AR that we follow up ?? How do we manage inventory (the focus is on expiry dates) ?? ......dosage - how do we manage that ??

Hence, need more inputs from professional who have walked this path or wanting to ....

I am not sure whether this forum is actively monitored by the SAP Sales people....but I am waiting to hear inputs from some Sales guys who specializes in the Health Care domain.....to share their experiences......how do they demo SAP to a prospective client ? What questions do they get ? and how do they tackle it ?

Will appreciate any and all inputs from this forum.

Regards

Sumantra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I hadn't came across these lines ever before.From now if I came across t hose line,I will definitely post you. Any how thanks for sharing your post.

[health articles|http://www.epharmacygold.com/]

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sumantra,

Faculty who are interesting will jump into the conversation some point ... in the interim, checkout the Healthcare area with the larger SAP Community Netowrk: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/healthcare

On these pages you can learn more about the Healthcare industry solution, get direct links to the healthcare discussion forums SAP customers/partners participate in, the healthcare knowledge center, wiki and so on.

Regards,

Heather

0 Kudos

Thanks Heather.

Will do and wait for some feedback as to whether anyone has tried something on these lines ?

The solution site talks more strategic industry solution rather than hands on process model. Can you please guide me to some links where I can be exposed to the same.

Regards

Sumantra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suggest you contact Crispian Tan, Manager UAP APJ, as Republic Polytechnic in Singapore have been using this industry solution for some while now. I do not know to what extent but Crispian may have a contact for you.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Paul.

Have dropped a mail to Crispian. Will wait to hear from other experts too.

Regards

Sumantra