cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer SLD data from PI 7.1 to Solman 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

. I Have a Landscape with Solman 7.0 (Central SLD) and PI 7.0 (DEV, QLT,PRD)-- Local SLD's, now customer wants to update from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1.

PI Local SLD's are pointing to Central SLD of Solman through SLD data Bridge.

But if i upgrade PI from 7.0 to 7.1 (with SLD 7.1), where should be my Central SLD ??? as SAP recommands we are not supposed to set a Central sld which is of lower version as in my case Solman with SLD still on 7.0 (To forward data from Local SLd to Central SLD -- pre requists either SLD version should be same or Hiegher) but they are on SOLMAN 7.0

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok i will be more precise on my question.

we have a landscape consisting ECC,SRM,CRM,PI and SOLMAN, (DEV,QTY,PRD) they are all on 7.0 version.

To my knowledge DEV,QTY,PRD systems Data Suppliers are pointing to Local SLDs respective PI (DEV,QTY,PRD) ie all DEV systems -> PI Local SLD and all QTY systems -> PI QTY and All PRD systems are Pointing to PI (PRD)

SLD Data is transferred from Local SLDs to central SLD in this way using Bridge Forwarding

PI DEV -> PI QTY, then from PI QTY to PI PRD and Finally From PI PRD to Cental SLD on SOL

PI DEV -> PI QTY->PI PRD -> SOL (CENTRAL) all are on 7.0.

Now Customer wants to upgrade PI 7.0 to PI 7.1. then if upgrade is done to PI (DEV,QTY,PRD)

The Bridge forwarding will remain the same like this

PI DEV(7.1) -> PI QTY(7.1)->PI PRD(7.1) till here its fine now how to forward to the Central SLD of SOLMAN as its is still on 7.0 version

I Have read from the SMP that Bridge Forwarding from 7.1(in my case PI) i to 7.0 (in my case SOL)is Not allowed

But Bridge forwarding from 7.0 to 7.1 is allowed,

PI DEV(7.1) -> PI QTY(7.1)->PI PRD(7.1) <- SOL , Now central SLD will be PI PRD.

if i do so SOL will not be Central SLD any more and then how SOL can generate EWA and other Solutions without SLD Data from Sat systems

Please provide me a solution for this.

Thanks

Karthik

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in order to move the local SLD existing on PI System to another SLD(central) follow the below steps have to do the following steps.

1- Install Central SLD on the solman

2- Apply note 939592 for movement of local SLD Configurations to CENTRAL SLD System in solman installed in the above step 1.

The note 720717 talks about reduction of SLDs, but does not speak about how to install Central SLD and then move the local SLD to this newly installed Central SLD.

you will probably need to export the SLD content from the source SLD to import into your target central SLD....

Exporting and Backing Up Your SLD Information check the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b7bbe3e2c0356be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am not asking how to move the SLD content, I know that to move SLD Data from 7.1 (PI in my case) to 7.0 (SOLAMN in my case) using manual SLD content export and import

But at what frequency should i do it, and if i miss this manual update then EWA and Other solution will not be accurate right??

what would be the effect on SOLMAN activities, i belive doing an export and import of sld content wouldn't be correct.

and what about solman jobs (LANDSCAPE FETCH) from where it will fetch data as Sat systems RZ70 ( Data Suppliers ) (SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT) will be sending data to Local SLD PI.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. IMO, this question warrants an OSS

2. Logically the central SLD needs to be at highest version level, so in your case it seems:

a. Let PI production SLD take over the role of SOLMAN SLD( and that would mean reconfiguring the data suppliers accordingly to point to the PI systems i.e. making the SOLMAN SLD redundant)

b. Or, upgrade SOLMAN SLD?

Share your conclusion once you arrive at one

rgds

gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a. Let PI production SLD take over the role of SOLMAN SLD( and that would mean reconfiguring the data suppliers accordingly to point to the PI systems i.e. making the SOLMAN SLD redundant)

What do you mean by SOLMAN SLD reduntant??? and

what about solman jobs (LANDSCAPE FETCH) from where it will fetch data as Sat systems RZ70 ( Data Suppliers ) (SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT) will be sending data to Local SLD PI.

b. Or, upgrade SOLMAN SLD?

SOLMAN 7.1 is relesed or in a Ramp up stage at aroung May June 2011, so there is no question to upgrade to SLD of SOLMAN.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer i found is ' Automatic Forwarding' which is version independent, only 'Fully Synchronization' is not possible until Solman 7.1 in place.

Thanks.