cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm channels, WSDLs, and response codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a partner that sends us data via SOAP to a WSDL. For some reason, if our comm channel is stopped, they still believe they successfully sent us a transaction. In NWA Administrator I can see a successful login for the specified user, however there are no transactions in the comm channel, which seems correct as the channel is down.

With the comm channel down, I can take the WSDL from the receiver agreement, paste it into a URL window in a web browser, and access the WSDL/URL. The response from the web broswer is "Servlet ok". Now, the partner reported that they are looking for specific HTTP codes, such as 404, 401, etc... and anything else is considered a success. Could it be they are seeing the success of reaching the WSLD/URL and getting servlet ok, but not actually delivering anything? Is there a difference between HTTP codes and WSDL return codes? I assume that the partner has implemented some poor coding to define what is a success.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Michael Montone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Is this a synchronous scenario or asynchronous? As far as I know when the SOAP Sender channel is in stopped state, the Webservice response sent back to the caller would be that the channel is stopped by a Administrative task.

Can you try the same WSDL with SOAP UI and trigger the flow and check what response you get?

Will give this a shot and confirm the results on our side as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

The connection is asynchronous.

Thank you,

Michael Montone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

You were correct. A test via SOAP UI confirmed that the message returned is indeed a combination of HTTP 401 Unauthorized and 500 Internal Server Error. The text explains that the channel was stopped by Administrative Task.

Funny thing is, if I try to go the URL of the WSDL in a browser, I do get a "Servlet Status OK" message. So I thought that the partner may not be evaluating the return codes correctly. i.e. They somehow are seeing the success message of the URL and not the SOAP message/Web Service.

I will reach back to them and see what they are actually coding for.

Thanks,

Michael Montone

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Getting Servlet OK mesg in browser shows that you ping webservice. That is not a real test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar,

Okay, but why can I ping a webservice when the comm channel is down? I would think it would be more in line with the resultant soap message.... i.e. Page not found, not authorized, etc...

Thanks,

Michael Montone