SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save external reference number in XBLNR when posting payment lots

james_chaumont
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to save a unique external document number on the payment document that gets created when a payment is posted as part of a payment lot. Is there a way to save this value into XBLNR of the payment document?

I see that XBLNR can be entered as a selection value but this would only assist in selecting documents to clear, not tying the payment to an external number.

Can anyone suggest an event where it might be possible to add the code to perform this task?

Thank you in advance,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

james_chaumont
Explorer
0 Kudos

I wanted to follow up that I was able to do this in event 61 on the advice of one of the functional consultants on my project.  My apologies to anyone who may have been looking for this answer in the meantime for my long delay in posting the solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try event 0246.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Event 0246 looks interesting, except I'm not sure if it will get called for generic payment lots instead of check lots. Also, I am not quite sure how I will get the reference document number from the structure used by BAPI_CTRACPAYMINC_APPEND into the event FM, but I may be able to use one of the text or additional info fields. I will do some testing to see if this will help.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos

Hi James,

The Clearing Events are more generic (101 thru 160), and so is Event 30.

Please take care to specify your Clearing Reason "01" - Incoming Payment when you or your developer are coding the logic.

Hope it helps..

Ivor Martin

james_chaumont
Explorer
0 Kudos

I wanted to follow up that I was able to do this in event 61 on the advice of one of the functional consultants on my project.  My apologies to anyone who may have been looking for this answer in the meantime for my long delay in posting the solution.