cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms in Landscape mode not working on page two

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am facing a rather special issue with Smartforms about Landscape printing and I'm out of solution. I've looked at other threads but I cannot find the correct solution to my issue.

I defined only 1 page in my form. It is set with DINA4 and Landscape orientation. The printing works fine for the first page but when my report has a second page it is printed in Portrait mode. The print preview displays all pages in Landscape but when they are physically printed, the second page is Portrait.

I manually calculate the number of lines to print in a loop and change page with a Command Node. Before starting printing each page I execute a Command Node to force the Landscape orientation (SLAND).

I use the LOCL printer to print my report.

Is there any other set up to do? In SPAD, in the ABAP program or physically on the printer or else?

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention that you use LOCL. I guess this is with a windows device type like SAPWIN. Perhaps this is a problem with the windows printer driver as described in SAP note #134364.

Do you get the same result if you use a postscript device type POST2 in LOCL? This will only work if the printer supports postscript.

You could try settig the default orientation to landscape in the windows printer definition on your Frontend PC as described in the note.

It may help also to change the window printer driver to a different one.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late reply but it took a while to find the exact problem and implement it in productive system.

The problem was related the LOCL printer definition in SPAD but it was linked to "Host Spool Access Method" parameter.

It was set to "Print on Front End Computer (F)" but this value is not supported by SAP anymore. We had to set it to "Front End Printing with Control Tech. (G)".

The reports are now printed in Landscape orientation correctly.

Thank you again for your support.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No one had any idea or suggestion to my Smartforms issue?

Can anyone tell me how to see what is the form sending to the printer? How can I see the XML code?

Thank you very much for your support,

Sylvain