cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock placement within a range of bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation here which needs you valuable input.

The warehouse has Rack storage. Each rack is named as A, B, C, etc and each rack has 2 levels of storage.

> High Rack storage for stock placement and replenishment (Strategy can be open / random)

> Low rack storage has Fixed Bin strategy (1 mtl = 1 Fixed Bin) for Picking and the replenishment is done from High Rack when low rack bin runs out of stock.

I am planning to have Open Storage for High Rack and Fixed Bin for Low Rack.

Requirement is.... Material XYZ lies in one of the fixed bin in Low Rack-'B' for example. Whenever I want to pick, SAP suggests the fixed Bin of mtl-XYZ so no issue here but when I try to putaway it recommends one of the bin in highrack anywhere in the warehouse (for example rack 'T'). Next time when i have to replenish.. the distance between Rack B to Rack T is more.

Is there a way i can ask the system to place them in one of the bins of High Rack 'B'. I mean can I do it using storage sections or any other thing in SAP so that i can limit the range of bins for a material that is being put-away.

Thanks in advance,

Rajoo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be accomplished through the use of Storage Sections and group together the respective bins within those sections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the answer..

..and how do we ensure the material touches the respective sections? using storage section Indicator?

Thanks,

Rajoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, use Storage Section Indicator (maintain in configuration) then assign on Material Master WM1 view for Stock Placement & Putaway.

Answers (0)