Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile 4.0 war Files

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi togheter,

i am a little bit confused about the different war files.

In BI 4.0 for the Ipad/Iphone there is the MobileBIServer.war.

I deployed this file and the BIMobile App on the Ipad and the Explorer App on Ipad and Iphone works fine.

But therefore the Mobile Server isn't use right?

Know i would like to create the Explorer connection about the Mobile Server to test the mobile Server.

In a doku i found that i have to deploy the MOBIServer.war file. But in BO 4.0 installation there is no such file.

Is there anybody how could tell me something about this. Did i have to deploy the File from the old installation source or???

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In BO XI 4.0 + the file is here: /instaldir/enterprise_xi40/wdeploy/workdir/tomcat7/application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out SAP KB 1635198 -- SAP BI 4.0 Explorer iPad Application Server URL

Due to their not being a MOBIServer.war available as of yet for the SAP BI 4.0 Explorer web application for configuration as in the SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Mobile configuration as noted in the iPad/iPhone Explorer documentation, you are not able to use the flag "Connect via Mobile Server" as you will receive a 404 error indicating the MOBIServer.war file is not deployed.

You must select to not use the option of "Connect via Mobile Server" and instead input a full URL to your Explorer server in order to use the iDevice Explorer application to connect to SAP BI 4.0 Explorer.

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

is there no one of SAP technican how could answer this question.

What is the diffrent between the MOBIServer.war and the BIMobileServices.war

We are using BO 4.0 and have installed BO Mobile Server. After that we deployed the BIMobileServices.war file. Actually i know we didn't need the Mobile Server for the Ipad/Iphone Apps with BO 4.0

But if i want to use the Explorer App with the MobileServerConnection i couldn't reach the right folder. Because there is no such folder in case of the MOBIServer.war is not deployed. But where i get the MOBIServer.war in a 4.0 envirement.

Or could we say that in a 4.0 envirement there is no usage of the MOBIServer.war but if we want to use Symbian or Windows Phones what did we need???

Could anybody help me and clarify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MOBIServer.war is for iPad & iPhone Explorer App. It came with mobile xi3.1. You have to create the Spaces for Explorer

BIMobileServices.war is for iPad rendering WebI documents. You have to create the WebI documents for iPad rendering.

you do not need the mobile servers for any iOS device. they are for blackberry, symbian, and windows mobile devices.

it is very painful ! good luck

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

but on Ipad/Iphone app for explorer you can choose, which connection you want to use.

If you set the button "Use Mobile Server Connection" to ON you must have deployed the war File MOBIServer.war.

If you use the "normal" connection it works without the MOBIServer.war only with the BIMobileService.war.

This is that what i mean.

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a problem. I don´t find the MobileBIServices.war.

We have installed BOE 4.0 SP2 on a Linux Server.

Now the customer want to see his reports on a Ipad. For this I need a tomcat on a windows Server, and I have to deploy the MobileBIServices.war file.

But where can I find this file?

Thanks in advance.

David

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can find it under \SAP Business Objects\Mobile 14\Client.

Please copy it into tomcat web apps folder ..\Tomcat6\webapps.

After you copy it, you must restart Tomcat.

Hope it will help you.

James Lim.

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI James,

thanks for reply.

Under this directory I have only a server directory:

drwxr-xr-x 3 sidadm sapsys 4096 Mar 17 2011 server

xxxxxxxx:sidadm 69> pwd

/usr/sap/SID/BO/Mobile 14

xxxxxxxx:sidadm 70>

xxxxxxx:sidadm 70> ls -l

total 4

drwxr-xr-x 3 sidadm sapsys 4096 Mar 17 2011 server

xxxxxxxx:sidadm 71>

And there is no .war file?!

Best regards

David

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I found the following file ClientMobileBIService.war in the installation package.

Is this the correct file?

Thanks in advance

David

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

no I think that isn`t the correct File.

In Windows after Installatioin of BO Business Intelligence Plattform 4.0 inkl. Mobile you find the war File in the directory which named above ../BIMobile14/....

For Windows it is funny you only need to installed the Mobile components to get this file. For iPad you didn´t have to configure the mobile server. You only need this file.

Did you have searched about the BO directory?

find -name *.war or something???

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

yes allready searched. I think my problem is that I have installed the boe Server on Linux.

So the files were not delivered, because it is only supported with tomcat on windows.

Now we want to install a tomcat on windows and deploy the file, but I don´t know where I get the file.....

Regards

David

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

after Installation BOE inkl. Mobile on Windows you will find the .war File in

...InstallationDirectory\SAP BusinessObjects\Mobile 14\Client\BIMobileService.war

I dont know why in client but thats the file you have to deploy.

For deploying copy the file to TomCat/webapps and restart TomCat

After that you could use the ipad App with your BO Server.

But you only see reports which are in the right Category. (Default Mobile)

I hope i could help you

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

but won´t install the boe on windows. I will only intall the tomcat on windows and no bo installation.

This is the reason why I am searching for the file.

Kind regards

David

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Same issue here on AIX, there is no client directory...is the war file only supported on windows platform ? there is no info in the PAM

thanks and regards

Michele

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

I think the Webapplication for the Ipad, runs only for Tomcat and Windows.

So our plan is now, to install a seperate windows Server with Tomcat, and then we will deploy the war file.

Kind regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been experiencing a similar difficulty in setting up Explorer 4.0 for the mobile iPad app. Our BI Platform deployment is 4.0 sp2 on Linux.

Our mobile server is running the MobileBiService.war and successfully connects to the BI platform servers when using the BI Mobile Report App.

The Explorer iPad App, however, requests a URL from the web app that does not exist in the MobileBIService.war file. We gather that pass through connections through the mobile server require the MOBIServer.war, not the MobileBIService.war application.

We have not been able to locate a version of the MOBIServer.war file that successfully connects to the BI Platform. (We are using the a dedicated mobile server to pass connections through to the BI Platform servers from the DMZ).

I don't that this helps much in terms of resolving the issue--perhaps someone who has some insight can clarify.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

firstly, I'm not sure if i got you right; did you finally manage to display data out of a BO 4.0 installation via SBO Explorer on the iPad (by using the MobileBIService-Webapp) - or not?

Actually, i believe i got the same problem with trying to connect to the BO System.

The question is, whether the MobileBIService-Webapp is intended to be used for the connection to the SBO Explorer-App on the iPad?!?

I too would be interested in your (or anyone else's) feedback on testing this..

Regards

Bodo