cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the follow-on doc triggered from shopping cart in SRM 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are on SRM 7.0 and want to make a solution where we create a PM order (Work order) as a follow-on document in backend instead of a Requisition or PO. There are desciptions on how to change document type and function using BADI's for the older SRM solutions, but this does not seem to work in SRM 7.0.

Right now we have customized the system so a Requistion is created in backend and that works fine.

Next step is to find a BADI to replace the call to BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE with a Work order BAPI call (BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN),

I have tried to debug the process in Web Dynpro from the Shopping Cart where I press the 'Order' button', but never get to a point where the BAPI is called. It only seems like the shopping cart is saved in SRM tables and that the Workflow for approval process is started. We do not use the approval Workflow and the SC gets the status 'Approved' immediately.

When I monitor the shopping cart I can see that it gets the status 'Follow-on document created' about one minute after the Approved status, and that also makes me wonder if the transfer of the SC to backend is done in a batch job, from a Workflow program or anything like that - and not from the Web Dynpro method calls behind the Order button.

Does anyone know the technical details of the solution of the follow-on document creation in SRM 7.0?

Where is the triggering done??

Regards, Tine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can call your own driver using badi BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE. Within this driver (FM), you can define a call to another bapi.

In order to trigger this, you can create a cart in saved status.

Then, take its header GUID and provide it in FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER. Here you will transfer the cart and trigger these badis and function modules in debug mode.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo!

Thanks for you reply. So this means we have to create a kind of batch job with a program which runs FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER ? How can we avoid that the original backend document is not started in addition (the reqiusition which is set up in customizing) ? Is it possible to customize the shopping cart solution so it does not trigger any backend documents automatically - so we can take the complete control using this batch job mentioned?

PS: Do you know exactly where the BAPI for the requisition is triggered in SRM 7.0? Would be nice to know after all my debugging with no results

Regards, Tine

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you don't have to create a batch job.

The only thing you need to do is implement the badi. This badi replaces the normal function call with your own bapi call. So there is no separate document created.

Check out the documentation for this badi as it will give you pointers about the way SRM determines the correct BAPI calls.

Regards,

Robin