cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing UI content in Multilanguage(Internationalization)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on Sourcing 7.0(CE 7.1). We are about to support different language for our client based on their locale. We have uploaded language pack in the server. I am able to see language pack list inside the Setup->User Interface->Language Packs.

In the localized resource i have seen the option of adding different language and its corresponding translation of the default string/text of localized resource.

At the user account side we need to set the language and based on this selected language he will be able to see the Sourcing UI and its content.

I found above three parts for the multilanguage scenario.

In addition to the above please let me know how to maintain Master data for different languages. I have checked document setup section and found if i create any library like RFx question, types description, project schedules, there no option for language. Is system is going to manage language or how to handle?

Please let me know if there are any other settings that I need to consider at the time of working on multilingual scenario.

Deepak!!!

Edited by: Deepak Arora on Oct 15, 2011 5:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In SAP Sourcing 7.0 and new input field of for Localized text is introduced. For master data name and descriptoin fields are of localizecd text type. this is represented in the UI as a composite field with Language and text. You would see "Default", + 1 entry for every language pack installed against in the languate dropdown.

Users can maintain distinct values for each languge for the same field.

Thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baski,

Thanks for reply.

I have check that option. So here i need to change everything manually one by one. Is there any way to upload language specific data in one shot like i have uploaded the Enterprise work book for english language.

I have tested by changing one Project type's description to french language and it works.

If i need to prepare my system from English to French so French user can see the same master/custom data in French what will be the best approach.

If you have any document then pl share.

Deepak!!!