cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Convert_OTF is converting - ' into #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Actaully my issue is i'm using the FM Convert_OTF, but this FM return the output correctly expect the charcter lke ' - are converted to #, what culd be the possible raeson for this, please suggest.

The print preview is geneted correclty.

Regards,

Mansi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which characters are shown false? Do you know the unicode area?

When converting spool via function module to pdf, the application server needs the true type fonts to convert.

To upload the neccessary fonts, contact your administrator. It can be uploaded via SE73 transaction.

Maybe some license amounts must be paid.

Regards,

Christian

Edited by: christian goerke on Oct 18, 2011 1:42 PM

SE78 changed to SE73....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adian,

Thanks for your valuable input, but still i am not able to utilise your solution,

as in,

a function module 'CONVERT_OTF' is being used in the concerned program , and I dont know how to implement your solution through this fn module.

Please elaborate.

regards,

Mansi

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mansi,

The function module CONVERT_OTF converts OTF data to PDF. So firstly, OTF spool data must be created by your application. So I guess you use a smartform or a sapscript to create the OTF data. When the application calls the smartform function module, the pameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDEST contains the output device used to create the OTF data. Parameter USER_SETTINGS should be empty or the default output device of the user is chosen.

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mansi,

The # character indicates that the character is not supported by the device type used to create the PDF. i.e the device type

used to create the OTF before it is converted to PDF. What is the result if you sue a Unicode device type like SWINCF or PDFUC?

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I 'm printing a label which is working fine with the output. I was asked to print all the output on the label which is coming normal

as from top to bottom need to be changed. The output needs to be printed with all the data need to be fliped at 180 degree's.

means when we look at the printer while printing this shopuld be coming out upside down.

Is there any way that I can make this happen to my existing smartform to be rotated to 180degrees? I am even using some print commands in my smartforms.

Apprecite any help here.

Srikrishna