cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print smartform on Dot matrix printer does not output desired result

0 Kudos

We are printing a salary slip through smartform and this smartform has to print using a Epson Dot Matrix printer. In print preview the font size and values comes as desired whereas in result from the printer font is enlarged and due to this values are misaligned.

I think this is due to SAP system's inability to control the printer. Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is basically a BASIS issue...Please ask you basis consultant to look into this...Just chk with SPAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

The basis need to configure the device type with the suitable fonts. Just request basis for the right config.

Best Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Let me rephrase what is happening at the moment.

We have created a smartform for printing the salary slip for multiple employees. We have a dot matrix printer with preprinted stationary to be used for printing the salary slips where everything is under single page ( there is no other page in smartform). Printer is Epson DFX 9000. As we give a command for multiple salary slips, in preview it shows us the salary slips separately. Means if I have chosen for 2 employees then in preview it shows me 2 pages, which is correct. but as soon as I print the printer does not print two separate pages instead it prints on the same page data of two employ's. However, if I print 2 copies of same salary slip of single employee then it prints on two separate sheets which is correct. Does anyone have any idea?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which device type do you use to create the spool and print?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that the device type used supports the fonts and font sizes specified in the smartform. You can do this via transaction SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> <Device type>. Also you can print via windows and deviec type SAPWIN, which utilizes the windows printer driver. This should support all the required fonts.

regards,

Aidan

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Is device type correct in printer configuration? What device type is specified there?

Is there issue with page size?

Has smartform created with correct page size which matches with actual page size on printer?

Regards,

Pawan