Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Sender File Adapter - Picking the files serially

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I have a requirement where I require help from you with you valuable suggestions/solutions. Requirement is :

1. Two different folders(folder1 & Folder2) at sender system, PI has to pick the files from Folder 1 and needs to process to target.

2. Exactly after 30min duration PI has to pick the files from the second folder i.e., from Folder 2.

Conditions are :

i) Only after processing the files from Folder 1 PI should process the files from Folder2(after 30min).

ii) We might have many files(approx 10 - 15files) in each folder, PI must poll all the file in the folder in a single poll(i.e., without any delay).

Please suggest me what could be the best solution for this, either to create two communication channels or can we handle it using a single communication channel.

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

The easieiet way is to use single communication channel to pick up all the files from the first folder. Then run a unix script in after processing column where it will check for any files to be picked by xi in folder1 and then proceed with transferring files from folder2 to target.

By this, you are making the scenario simple and realistic.

There are other alternatives like using two communication channels and the only hurdle will be the timing to check whether the folder1 files have been completely picked up or not.

Regards

Krish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

Slight enhancement in the requirement,Need your valuable inputs . Requirement change is for point 1 in the parent question :

1. In Folder 1 , we will be having a total of 10files from which first 3 files must be polled with a gap of time minutes for each files and later the rest 7 files must be picked at the same time.

Kindly share some inputs for resolving this requirement.

Thanks

Suman.