Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of shipment cost in accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am working on transportation module,EC-TRA

I know how to transfer the shipment cost to accounting. I am aware that when the FI documents are posted the GR/IR accounts are posted and provision is made in FI for the shipment cost.

I am currently transferring the shipment cost after the vehicle has dispatched the plant because i want to create liability once the vehicle is dispatched(This is especially useful for month end deliveries). Please note here the time for the vehicle to reach is more than 2 days.

When i transfer the shipment cost the service entry sheet is generated. I am using ERS procedure and GR based invoice verification.

I will be doing MIRO against the service entry sheet for bill passing.

I want to trasfer the shipment cost to accounting( i.e create the provision entry) at the time of vehicle dispatch but want to create the service entry sheet only when the vehicle reaches the deatination point. This will ensure that i am not making payment to transporter before the vehicle has reached its destination.

Please advise how can i map this situation.

Your urgent help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks

KS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That concern can also be addressed.

Do not process MIRO till there is a confirmation either from the customer or from the vendor.

Since the transportation costs are not posted to vendor account before MIRO, the value will not reflect while processing the vendor payments.

Hope this helps.

In case of clarifications pl revert back.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharan,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to maintain a system lock so that MIRO is not done till that time.

Thanks

KS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the issue is about posting the shipment cost to provisional account, on saving the shipment cost document? So that you can avoid payment to the vendor before the goods reach the customer.

Service Entry sheet which is created automatically also triggers a Material Document. You can customise the postings with valuation calss so that it will post to FR2= freight clearing.

On cretion of MIRO you can have the postings to actual Freight account FR1= freight Clearing.

Discuss with your MM consultant for this customisation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saran,

Thanks for the Reply.

The issue is to ensure that the vehicle has reached destination that is the Goods receipt of vehicle is done before making the payment(of shipment cost) to the vendor.

Please guide me on that.

Thanks

KS