Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an RFC(R/3)XI>File scenario.

We have developed a new RFC in R/3 system to push data to XI. In XI system I could see already a sender RFC channel is existing.

But in this channel Application server in RFC Metadata Repository parameter is XI Application server name not R/3 system Application server name.

Will my scenario work if I use the same RFC sender channel to push data from R/3 to XI?

If I have to use the same sender channel do I have to import the metadata to XI?

Please note that we are developing a new RFC in R/3 system..

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to create a RFC sender channel which is pointing to the SAP R3 system for the above requirement

If I have to use the same sender channel do I have to import the metadata to XI?

there is no metadata concet for RFC as we have for IDOC...just import of RFC into ESR should be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

But we have already an existing sender channel..

So I can re use that channel correct?

But in that channel Application server for RFC Metadata repository is pointing to XI server itself.

If we dont have metadata concept for RFC then why below parameters are available under RFC Metadata Repository of RFC sender channel

1)Application server

2) System Number etc

Thanks

Suma S

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

Craete the new channel use the programme id created in the RFC destination of type T in Application system

Specify the Application server and Gateway service of the sender SAP system not XI system

Provide Application server details and logon credentials in the RFC metadata repository parameter. Save and activate the channel. Note that the RFC definition that you import in the Integration Repository is used only at design time. At runtime, XI loads the metadata from the sender SAP system by using the credentials provided here

Note that this program ID is case-sensitive

Regards

Praveen

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

Craete the new channel use the programme id created in the RFC destination of type T in Application system

Specify the Application server and Gateway service of the sender SAP system not XI system

Provide Application server details and logon credentials in the RFC metadata repository parameter. Save and activate the channel. Note that the RFC definition that you import in the Integration Repository is used only at design time. At runtime, XI loads the metadata from the sender SAP system by using the credentials provided here

Note that this program ID is case-sensitive

Regards

Praveen

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will require to have a unique program ID.

so go ahead and create a RFC sender adapter. You will find all the help in the below links

trouble shooting rfc adapter -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish and Praveen for your reply..

So the existing RFC sender channel cannot be used as the application server for RFC Metadata repository is pointing to XI server itself? Please confirm

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it has nothing to do with meta data as such.

in case of rfc, you import the RFC into PI so that the structure is available for mapping.

in the RFC sender channel, it is more of a communication link that is being established and the program ID plays a key role as this is a TCP/IP connection between PI and SAP.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it cannot be used create a new one

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Suma,

Craete new RFC channel existing can not be use and provide application server and all the details of sender SAP system not PI system details

Regards

Praveen