Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport planning book from Production to Dev/ Test system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus,

I need clarity for below mentioned point u2013

I have a correct planning book in production system. I have a different structure in testing as well as in quality system. I want to transport planning book with all data views and macrou2019s associated with it to development system (or in test system).

How to do this? Please elaborate with details

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to tcode /n/sapapo/tsobj in production. Create a transport for your planning book . Backmigrate it to development (your basis team can do this). Release the transport from development to test. But before backmigrating to dev just to be on the safer side create a copy of your planning book in development (because you may need the information in that planning book some time in the future)

It is a straightforward task and you must be able to do it without difficulty

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the transport from Production to Dev client using TSOBJ last week. Basis team helped in connecting Prod and Dev clients.

Everyting went ok except selection IDs. When I check 'with selection transport' in TSOBJ, it ends up in short dump saying Timed Out in reading SQL table /sapapo/sdpsetde. We increased the system profile parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time" from 1800 seconds to 3600 seconds. It still timed out with same message. So, I created the transport without selection IDs and it worked.

Next, I downloaded the only required selection IDs (total 498) from the DP Planning Area in Production client to excel spreadsheet using table /sapapo/TS_SELKO. Then created another transport using TSOBJ.....this time I used the 'Transport of Selections' section for Selection IDs and used single value selection from drop down, uploaded the IDs from clipboard option. That worked.

Although my problem is solved....but by any chance, has anyone encountered that TSOBJ Timed out? Is there any OSS note for this?

-Sachin

Answers (0)