Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports delivery troubleshooting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My problem is the following

I run a report from sharepoint and I can see in the service consumption layer application logs that SCL receive the report setting.

Then the SCL passed the report setting to my BW. Couple of minutes later I see a new record in the service consuption layer log where I see the result set send back from the sap system to SCL.

After that what I see that It should happen is that the SCL should sent the report to the Sharepoint, which it never gets logged in the service consuption layer, not a error , just nothing happends.

I check the RFC of type G which is generated and it has the following prefix with the correct host and port

/sites/DuetEnteprise/_vti_bin/officialfile.asmx because I get an HTTP 200 from testing.

So my question is why I am not seeing any errors in the Service consuption layer, its like the SCL is not even trying to sent the report back to the sharepoint.

Final Error to the user is : The report is never shown in the Sharepoint.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can try following things to check why Report output is not getting delivered to SharePoint.

1. In your backend BW system, please make sure that you have created logical port for proxy class u201C/osp/co_rep_adapter_wsvi_documu201D and its RFC destination is pointing to SCL system with proper user credentials.

2. In SCL layer, SIMGH -> u201CService Consumption Layer Administrationu201D -> u201CLogging Settingsu201D -> u201CSet Log Level for All Usersu201D -> set log level to u201CAllu201D and try executing report again. Then check whether any error messages are logged in SCL system.

3. Make sure that in SCL SOAMANAGER, you have created logical port for consumer proxy u201CRepAdapterWSVi_Documentu201D and its HTTP destination is pointing to correct SharePoint site URL with proper user credentials.

If you are not able to solve this issue even after following above steps, please raise an OSS message. We will look in it.

Regards,

Binson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Binson.

I realized that RepAdapterWSVi_Document is not configured in the SCL but it is in the BW system.

Do you know to which Sharepoint URL this should be configured in the SCL?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You don't have to configue the 'Report Adapter' in the SCL system, but you will need to configure the consumer proxy /IWTNG/CO_OBAFILE_RECEIVER_SOA in SOAMANAGER(this was what Binson intended to say). I guess you have aleady done it and tested.

Is so please check the following:

1. Check if you have configured the routing URL in Transaction SIMGH -> Microsoft SharePoint Integration Activities -> Routing - Maintain Logical Ports for Proxy. Check if there is a entry for the /IWTNG/CO_OBAFILE_RECEIVER_SOA and the logical port name in SOAMANAGER (These steps are explained in the last section - Create Consumer Proxy in Reporting configuration guide)

2. If the above check is correct, please check if there are any issues in the usermapping.

Go to transaction SE16 -> Enter the table name as USREXTID -> Enter the SCL system username who ran the report in the field BNAME and press F8.

Check the following:

2a. Only one entry is shown up in the table. if you have more than one entry then it is a mistake and the system is not able to find which external user to be mapped for this backend user.

2b. Check if the table entry has hash values in the column ISSUERH. If this is empty then the usermapping was not done correctly. Please re-do the user mapping using the user mapping function in IMG (or SPRO)

Thanks,

Girimurugan

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As you and Giri pointed out above, in step 3 we need to check whether logical port is created for proxy class u201C/IWTNG/CO_OBAFILE_RECEIVER_SOAu201D and not u201CRepAdapterWSVi_Documentu201D.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Binson