cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Engine for PI not coming up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having problem bringing up my Java Engine of SAP PI (NW 7.1). the ABAP engine comes up fine.

I started getting this error after I copied over the user database from another PI system and restarted the system.

Looks like SAPJSF and SAP_GUEST passwords got changed. I have reset the password for SAPJSF in ABAP and also I have changed the parameter for ume.login.guest_user_uniqueids from J2EE_GUEST to J2EE_ADMIN. That has not helped either.

Fid security log below for reference.

#1.#005056A50179002C0000019E00007A021D619ACBD05F64B9#1318530450566#/System/Security/Usermanagement#sap.com/opensqlmonitors#com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence#J2EE_GUEST#250#SAP J2EE Engine JTA Transaction : [cffffff9effffff812e00637]####Application [16]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence#Java#An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector that was caused by unavailability of the RFC communication with the backend system: "". ##An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector that was caused by unavailability of the RFC communication with the backend system: "". #1#com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=UMEBackendConnection ASHOST=localhost SYSNR=21 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner 'localhost:sapgw21' not reached

TIME Thu Oct 13 14:27:30 201

RELEASE 710

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 3147

DETAIL NiPConnect2: 127.0.0.1:3321

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 111

ERRNO TEXT Connection refused

COUNTER 180

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your number of gateway connections in tcode SMGW and also TCP/IP RFC. Also as said above by Gaurav change the passwords of reseted passwords to the old/earlier passwords it will work.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change password of all SAP PI service users to their respective previous password. I guess when you copied user database then all services users are changed hence RFC connection between Java and ABAP is not working which seems to be cause of this issue.

Regards,

Gourav