Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro ABAP + IFRAME

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've developed a WD ABAP application which renders 2 iFrames. If I take a look at the source code that is generated by the framework I can see the following snippet:

<iframe src=myhost:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynpro?DefinitionType=ABAP&System=Probuyer_101&WebDynproApplication=ZWD_APP&ClientType=auto&WebDynproNamespace=SAP&ApplicationParameter=sap-wd-configId%3DZWD_AC&DynamicParameter=action%3Dgo%26sap-config-mode%3Dtrue%26FPM_HIDE_CLOSE%3DX%26EBELN%3D4500023643%26PO_ACTION%3DDISPLAY> </iframe>

<iframe src=myhost:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynpro?DefinitionType=ABAP&System=Probuyer_101&WebDynproApplication=ZWD_APP&ClientType=auto&WebDynproNamespace=SAP&ApplicationParameter=sap-wd-configId%3DZWD_AC&DynamicParameter=action%3Dgo%26sap-config-mode%3Dtrue%26FPM_HIDE_CLOSE%3DX%26EBELN%3D4500023606%26PO_ACTION%3DMODIFY> </iframe>

Now this renders 2 iframes with same identical content.

How is it?

The first iframe points to the PO: EBELN=4500023643 in display mode

The second iframe points to the PO: EBELN=4500023606 in change mode but renders exactly the same content as the first item.

It seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer.

In firefox or chrome I cannot reproduce because my portal runs 7.30 which doesn't support those browsers.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A couple of comments. iFrames arenu2019t deprecated any longer as of NetWeaver 7.02. However you should never really running WDA or the Portal within an iFrame. The session management and rendering wonu2019t work correctly nor is this supported by SAP. You shouldnu2019t need to do this anyway. If you are in the Portal you should use two separate iViews within one Portal Page. If you need to inner WDA applications within a single WDA without the Portal, then you should use component usages, not iFrames. iFrames should only ever be used for integration of non-Web Dynpro content.

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, your explaining cleared my doubts.

Regards

Edited by: DEVELOPMENT THEMIS on Oct 18, 2011 11:41 PM

Answers (0)