cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI(XI 7.0) configuration guides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody have Post installation configuration guide for PI 7.0 ?

Our basis team has installed PI 7.0.But I couldn't see any Configurations completed like Integration Engine Configuration,RFC Connections(LCRSAPRFC,SAPSLDAPI.......)

and many other steps we use to do for XI 3.0.

Do we need to do all configration steps we use to do for XI 3.0 or is it different in PI 7.0.

any help appericiated.

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in XI 7.0 you can run a template and it will do most of the post processing. And creating connection to SLD, like LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI, and all those steps are pretty much same.

Thanks

Farrukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Farrukh,Michal.

The information is really helpfull.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Except this difference regarding user names, can we follow the XI 3.0 config guide after a Netweaver 2004s PI 7.0 installation ?

Is there additionnal (removed) steps ?

Is someone already done it or doc it ?

Thanks a lot

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the moment I have done the following :

- Post installation steps of installation guide

- SLD Post installation guide

- Config guide XI 3.0 SP18

Is there any other steps to do ? known bugs to resolve ?

Thanks a lot.

Message was edited by: Jean-Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused too. It is my understanding that the configuration steps described for XI 3.0 are now done automatically by the Central Template Configuration (CTC) tool. Unless you have an unsuccessful execution of the template, you have to perform all the steps manually as described in the link pasted above.

Am I correct to assume that, even if you have to do the steps manually, you have to refer to the link above and forget about the XI 3.0 configuration guide?

Thanks

Augusto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Augusto,

Yes you are correct.The configuration steps described for XI 3.0 are now done automatically by the Central Template Configuration (CTC) tool.It woked for us.

Thanks,

Rekha.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Can you give some more information about Central Template Configuration. Where to get it and how to run this. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The doc on that website is not very robust, I am struggling with the SLD setup. Anyone have anything that might help?

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Do we need to do all configration steps we use to do for XI 3.0 or is it different in PI 7.

all user names are different (instead of XIDIRuser you have PI.... ) so the config is not the same

check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/14/39084136b5f423e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

michal