cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the volume of messages flowing in PI Sender channels

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working on PI 7.0 and we are facing from time to time huge volume coming that increase the risk of PI outage. Are you aware of any configuration that can be setup to limit the control of inbound flows with a monitoring to raise an alert when over a certain threshold ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

High volume support has always been an issue in PI versions below 7.1

From 7.1 only SAP has started to provide mechanism to enable high volume messages.

in your case, my suggestion will be to restrict the volume from the sending application itself.

Also it will be possible by increasing the hardware and tuning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I believe your requirement to minimise the PI outage due to high volume of loads. For that you should try and implement ways to reduce the overload or balance the load by these options.

1. Identify high volume interfaces and reduce those loads by various options like prioritizing queus, message packets etc.,

2. Try having two cluster nodes which will reduce the load.

3. Increase your hardware sizing.

Regards

Krish

0 Kudos

My question is not about Performance-tunin but try if we can setup a macanism to control the volume of message flowing in a specific channel for a certain period. If volume is over the limit, an Alert should be sent. So, it is really Message-channel specific. I don't think that this process is mentionned in the standard SAP performance-tuning document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No standard setting available in PI 7.0 for this purpose, however you can develop ABAP code to monitor volume in tables which store XI message information.

So if message volume increased to certain level then you can create sort of warning/alert/email etc.

Regards,

Gourav

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES.. I agree there is no standard flow as per my knowledge..

Rgds,

Naveen

Edited by: chichilin on Oct 14, 2011 10:10 AM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Are you aware of any configuration that can be setup to limit the control of inbound flows

Refer this link