cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem calling WebService from VisualComposer model at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a very simple model with form as input for calling Webservice on backend system and a table as output.

During the runtime the WebService call is failing with:

Error while getting the backend function : Could not find operation Z_EAI_GETUSERROLES_WS.ZEaiGetuserroles

The service definition is succesfully published to CE's ServiceRepository.

There is a correct entry for backend system under SOA->Destination Template Management in CE NWA.

I can succesfully test this WebService in WSNavigator in both systems - CE and backend.

I can succesfully test this WebService in NWDS at design time (by right-clicking on service)

In Logs Viewer I can see the following entries:

error 2011-10-13 17:16:01:838 Stopped further execution since the interpreter is unusable /Applications/wd4vc com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.XGLInterpreter sap.com/aanisecurityui~vc_impl

info 2011-10-13 17:16:01:837 Closing the connection for the system SRR /Applications/wd4vc com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.postExecution: sap.com/aanisecurityui~vc_impl

warning 2011-10-13 17:16:01:272 No classification system found for ID 'uddi:uddi.sap.com:categorization:physical-system-id' /Applications/UDDI/Classification com.sap.esi.uddi.sr.cs.handler.impl.ejb.util sap.com/tcesiuddisrcs~ear

Can you please advise me what else I need to check to solve this error?

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are some restrictions regarding web services. For example they need to have a flat hierarchie.

Maybe that't the problem.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anja,

thanks for you response, but can you please explaine a bit what "flat hierarchy" means when talking about WebServices?

Also where I can read more about WebService restrictions to use in VC.

Thanks!

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are several notes about this - simply search for 'web services' at component EP-VC*. There are also problems with web services that require authentication and so on. It's too much to copy it to SDN.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anja,

I have gone through the notes and seems like nothing really applies to the problem we have.

I forgot to mention from the beining - we are working on CE 7.3.

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artsiom ,

I don't know VC and how it is on CE 7.3, but when developing Java Webdynpro application using CE 7.11 on same principle (with destination template defined in NWA), we sometimes faced almost same situation due to cache problem...

Basically, this happen if you deploy your application using a model, change your webservice (for example adding a new field), re-import the model in NWDS and re-deploy. In NWDS, everything seems to be ok, but at runtime, it fails due to cache problem which is not refreshed with the new meta data definition. The only solution in 7.11 was to restart the server. I think (but not sure) that starting 7.2, there is a tool to clean the (webservice) cache.

I hope it could help...

Regards

Olivier