cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Allocation after macro in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are facing an issue using Product Allocation after running a macro in background.

We have the following situation at planning book:

KF1 + KF2 = Product Allocation Key Figure. This Product Allocation KF is the one the is read by GATP to chech the product allocation quantity.

Now, we created this macro to change the value of the KF2. So the total value of the Product Allocation Key Figure is also changed.

When I run the macro in interactive mode, everything works correctly. In the planning book we have te new value of Product Allocation Key Figure and GATP reads the new quantity of Product Allocation Key Figure.

But when I run this macro in background, GATP keeps reading the old value of the Product Allocation Key Figure, although in the planning book I have a new value in the Product Allocation Key Figure. If I go in the planning book and hit "enter" in the key figure, GATP reads the correct value.

Did anyone face this problem before? It seems to be missing a Comit after running in background...

Thanks and regards,

Thiago Sallum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiago

I assume you have your Prroduct Allocation Group linked directly to the Planning Area (since it works in foreground).

It appears that you have a macro to add KF1+ KF2 to calculate KF3 (your allocation key figures). This macro is set to Default. So when you hit enter, the allocation key figure is calculated and saved.

But when you run a seperate macro to update KF2 in background, this default macro is not automatically run. You need to explicitly run this macro (that adds KF1 and KF2) in background after your macro to update KF2 runs. You can put this into a Process chain if you want.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

You really got the point. I tested now and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help.

A very simple solution that we didn´t got since yesterday.

Thanks again my friend.

Regards

Thiago

Answers (0)