cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILM 3.0 Partner Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My organization is thinking about getting ILM 3.0 partner certification for one of its products, and i have been asked to do some ground work on this, i am basically an ABAP consultant and new to ILM and to the process of getting partner certification from SAP ICC. I have a few questions which hopefully will be answered(or point me in the right direction) by the forum experts

1) Can we get the ILM 3.0 certification for all of the below SAP NW releases - 2004, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.3 or is it specific to any of these releases?

2) Is the installation of ILM part of SAP NW or should it be installed separately?

3) I downloaded the Certification Spec and the test from SDN using the below link, are these the correct ones or should i check with SAP ICC.

[Content Deleted 7 Oct 2012]

The cert spec doesn't specify any NW releases in specific, so does this mean we can use this spec for getting certification any of the SAP NW releases.

Below are the links for test plans

[Content Deleted 7 Oct 2012]

Look forward to the responses, thanks.

Regards,

Chen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chen,

Without being a certification expert myself, here is what I found out from my SAP certication (ICC) contacts with regard to your questions:

1.) A certification is always performed within a specified system landscape setup, e.g with NetWeaver 7.01. According to the test plans the following relases can be used:

a) SAP enhancement package 1 (EhP 1) for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Application Server Java (u201CAS_JAVA 7.01u201D)

b) SAP NetWeaver 7.30 / 7.31 Application Server Java (u201CAS_JAVA 7.30u201D / u201CAS_JAVA 7.31u201D)

The certificate is then issued exactly for this release. Independendlly from this the interface version is supported by various NetWeaver releases, e.g. z.B. 7.00 und 7.30.

2.) The BC-ILM 3.0 certification does not require to install the ILM product.

3.) Yes, this information is up-to-date but not complete. The complete information incl. test kit etc. will be provided to the partner by his ICC consultant.

To proceed with your certification project, please contact the ICC directly, check out http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/icc.

Best regards,

Helmut Stefani