cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.stub with file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Sap system is generating a .stub file.if that file exist then only adapter will send the data to pi.

Can we have some settings in Sender File Adapter where in we can Put check condition for .STUB file.

I mean, If .STUB file is present in ECC directory only than PI will Pick the File.

Please advice,

Regards,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the .stub file is present, which file do you want pi to pick it up, is it the .stub or someother file.

If it is .stub file, then you simply configure the channel to look for *.stub only. If you want some other files to be transferred based on existence of .stub, go for simple unix script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Thanks for ur reply.

If .STUB file exist, we need to pick some other file.

From were we need to get that unix script file. and were we need to use .in file adapetr or some were else??

--> Do you have any example script? If yes, please share.

--> is there advance function in Sender File Adapter to pick that file?

Regards,

Naren

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have to code a script that does the below;

1. check for the stub file and if it exist move the actual file to a folder say /pitoprocess

2. once the file is successfully moved, delete the stub file

3. if the actual file is not present, dont do anything

you can execute the script from within the adapter itself . ex: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPXIFileAdapterOSCommandLine+Feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarish,

This is for sender file adapter or reciever file adapter. In my case ECC at sender side is generating a .stub. if that exists pi sender adapter has to pick the file.

Please let me know what needs to do at sender side .

Many thanks

Regards,

Naren