Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report Issue: No complete data is populated in EWA report

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem where in, the generated EWA report for our XI system is not poplated with the complete data. This problem is there from past 2 months and before that this EWA report for XI system was duly generated with full and correct data.

There has been no changes in the recent time and all of a sudden this problem erupt. May any one help me in diagnosing this problem and solving it? Help is greatly appreciated.

Should there be any queries, please do ask me.

Waiting for your kind replies.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some reasons could be -

1. ST-A/PI and ST-PI are waiting to be updated to the latest patches - for both - Solman and XI

2. Problem in data collection from remote system XI - Something wrong in SDCCN tasks/data - Try to verify the task logs.

Is diagnostics configured for Java stack as well ?

Thanks

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have compared this system with another which is giving successfull result for ST-A/PI software component. Therefore, I feel I need to upgrade this to the latest one.

Also, can you please help m understanding the logs present in SDCCN tcode? I am unable to interprete the information there,

I would appreciate.

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal

Errors in the SDCCN task logs start with a yellow bolt. If you have message beginning with this icon and you cannot interpret the error, copy the errors here and I can or another contributor can help you understand them, and how to resolve.

But we need to establish if this is where the problem rests. So if there are no errors int he SDCCN logs, then this is not the issue.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your kind reply.

When I check in "Task Log" tab, I found two button:

1. "Play" button enabled which says "Task processor finished" and

2. "Play" button disabled which says "Task processor started"

As far as I see, there is no "yello" or "red" signals which represent warning/errors.

Can you please suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dera Faisal

Why are you looking at the Task log tab.

You want to be reviewing the DONE tab for SDCCN task that have completed.

You also want to open the log when you check for errors.

Though the entire log may have a yellow bolt beside it, it may not have an over all error rating, so you really need

to open the logs to check them properly.

Hope this helps you navigate to the correct tab in SDCCN.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank for your response.

I have done some changes in the SMSY for this server and updated the solution properly. This created a session for this system in DSWP as expected. However, what I found was, it is flagged with "RED". I have gone through the document you have written in wiki here. However, when I see the "DONE" tasks in solution Manager or satellite systems, I dont see any errors and every task is getting completed without any errors.

May you please help me in solving this?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

Any help on this? I am now able to ge the managed system sessions properly and it is being processed successfully in solman and managed system properly. However, the content is not available in the EWA report.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

IWhen you say you are getting the managed system session properly and it is processed in solution manager,

are you saying the red flag is gone? If the red flag does not change to two flasks the data from the managed

system did not get sent. The 2 flasks means the data is available and ready to be processed and rated by SM:EXEC SERVICES.

Have you checked SM37 to see the job log? If it is processign the EWA successfully there will be no errors, there will be no message indicating a session could not be processed, and the wil be no references to ST22 in the log.

This would mean the session was processed, so it will be rated.Ratings are Green, Yellow, Red, Grey (Diamond icon) and No rating (document icon). SOmetimes you may have issues with your Word settings and the EWA wil not generate. But the will be some error message. Sometimes generating the EWA report will cause a dump. So ther ewill be a dump.

But you would not have the case where the SDCCN EWA task on the manges system ran successfully and the transport was successful via the *_BACK RFC to the Service Session on Solution Manager, have SM:EXEC SERVICES run without any errors or dumps. ( Being processed on the Managed System correctly) and the conent just be unavailable, with no error, no message, etc.

So this means either the processes you have mentioned being successful were not, or there is an error or dump that you are not mentioning.

I would suggest you see if in DSWP under activities column you click on the eye glasses and see if you can open the service session with out errors. If you get an error let us know. If you don't get an error, look through it and see if it has data, If it does, click on the WOrd icon or the HTML icon to generate a report. Does it generate? Is there an error? If so, let us knowe the error.

If the session opens and is empty, then the downlaod never took place.

So these are some things you can check and then advise if you can't move forward. But we need more information to be able to help here.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your nice explanation.

I saw in sM37 for job SM:EXEC SERVICES and dont see any errors. I can see the report in DSWP. However, it is not showing any data for ABAP instance. therefore, data is missing.

Please help me.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last but not least, check the authoization for the user who is triggering the job SM:EXEC SERVICES

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your reply.

What authorizations do I need to check? Also, if the reports can be generated for all the systems except this (problem causing), how authorization can influence?

Regards,

faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Last time I asked you if the Red flag was gone.

You are saying the ABAP data is missing.

This would mean there is a Rated EWA report missing the ABAP instance data.

Does this mean it is a dual stack and the Java data is present.

EWA is a pretty straight forward process, so if you follwo the process, you can usually narrow down where the problem has occurred.

If ABAP data is missing in a generated EWA report, the first place to look for that missing data is in the service session.

You can view the service session by clicking the eye glasses under tha activity column in DSWP, or entering the session number in transaction DSA. If the data is mssing, then it never got to solution manger from the managed system, so you would then check the RFC functions and the RFC user has a valid logon, THere would be no point checking SM:EXEC:SERRVICES, or authorizations if the data is not int he service session.

If the data is in the service session and is missing, then it would be in the processing of the session into a Word ot HTML document, not the processing of the service session, because it would be processed and rated already by SM:EXEC SERVICES..

I had explained that you create an EWA and it is scheduled in DSWP > Solution Monitoring > Earlywatch Alert

it creates a service session, with a number and a tree. This is determined by the defintions in SMSY and the mapping to the DMD. It is scheduled for a date and time. On the managed system via RFC throught the maintenance package task in SDCCN or perhaps a scheduled refresh session taask, runs and via RFC to SOlman, logs on with the RFC use (SM*_BACK) and gets the

session numbers of unprocessed servies sessions for that SID. If it can't open the service session, it will just find not sessions to refresh. If it can, then an EWA task is created that will prepare a transport with the collected data. So if the collectors have issues, data won't be available. ST-A/PI and ST-PI are involved on colelction of data and preparation for transport on managed systems. But there is also SAPOSCOL and ST03 and ST06 that need to be checked. The SDCCN EWA task log. Then it sends the data back to Solman via the RFC and either the single Flask or the red flag will then turn to 2 flasks indicating the data is ready to be processed by SM:EXEC SERVICES. SM:EXEC SERVICES processes the session, populates it, and rates it.

Then you can look at the session in DSA o DSWP, you can geerate the report in Word or HTML.

So this is the process.flow overview. And it helps to know where it gets to in the flow to determine where something went missing or if it was ever there at all.SM:EXEC SERVICES doesn't colelc the data. So if it processes a service session the user had the authorizations. If the data is not int he service session its because it was never passed to Solution manage.

Iif the data is in thd service session, but missing from the report, then the issue is likely with ST-SER, or perhaps SCU.update has not been applied.

I suspect that the data is not in the service session and you are still having issues. Is the EWA still red flagged? Yes or No?

If yes, then you still have an issue where no ABAP data was sent via SDCCN to Solman. If no, then likely there is an issue with

collection, where data is being sent, but some data is missing, and this could be due to errors that have not been addressed in the SDCCN task logs. Or it could be problems wit SDCCN service definitions, and may need to be replaced.

I hope tis helps.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your nice explanation.

MY EWA is not "Red". It contains data and it is veryfied in the SDCCN of the managed abap system. Howerver, as you said, there could be some problem in the STER/SCU updates (i believe it is as same as AGS_UPDATE).

I had raised a OSS message and we did main two activities which solved this and those are:

1. change the "Product Instance selection" from ABAP to PI and then to ABAP

2. Update the service contents via AGS_UPDATE

I thing what you mentioned is correct, update of services.

NOw the issue is resolved .

Thanks Paul for your help.

Regards,

FAisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If substantial data is misisng the EWA would be Grey Rated.

If you are misisngf some information it would help to know what information.

Eample if this is a dual stack system and you are missing Java Performance data, checking SDCCN will not help.

But typically on the managed system ST-A.PI and ST-PI are used for collecting data into the service session, so you can

run RTCCTOOL to see if these are up to date. It is ST-SER on Solman that is used for EWAs, St-PI and ST-A/PI are only sued by Solman, when you are generatinjg EWA for Solman, so these woudl not be in question.

You want to check the SDCCN tasks logs have no errors. A FM may have failed and you can see this in the task logs.

If Java performance data is misisng you want to check the availability of performance data in the Workload Analysis.

If you are running SCU, then changes will be implemented on your system, its not just patches, updates and Notes that can cause a change to Service Delivery.

Again, it is very helpful to knpow what information is missing as that can point where to look for it, or where it is collected, so you can check for any errors.

If you can provide this information, you can get clearer guidance, usually.

Regards,

Paul