cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty check in service order(iw31)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created material with warranty period 1 year. Our scenario is when the customer return the material due to a problem, We need to create service order with reference to service notification. Here i am adding the service components in service order. If the material is with in the warranty period.

Here my problem is

1) how the system will check the warranty periods(if material comes under the warranty or beyond the warranty)

Business scenario is

Service notification--> Service order---> M I G O

>Service completion(iw42) (If material is under warranty there is no need of billing) ( if not it continues to billing -
>Billing request---> Billing)

In this business scenario, where i have to get the warranty indication whether the material having warranty or not.

Thanks in advance,

C Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing billing through DIP profile?

If yes there is check for warranty for the reference object .Maintain that check in DIP profile in the profile and hope this will resolve your issue.

Otherwise in PM config if you have mainatained for warranty check at notif /order creation , while creation of notif /so system will give you a pop up message about warranty if ref is under warranty

regards

ebin

<a href="http://www.fasterlimewirepro.com/">limewire</a>, <a href="http://www.utorrent.name/">utorrent</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR THE SOLUTION,

I have created a service order taking service contract as reference. I have mentioned standard DIP Profile(PS000001) in service order control tab. when i am saving the service order i didnt get any warranty popups or information.

Exactly where i have to get warranty check and what are the control parameters sequence.

Thanks in Advance,

C Chaitanya

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Warranty Categories configuration:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide  Plant Maintenance and Customer Service  Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service  Basic Settings  Warranties  Check warranty Categories

(Warranty Categories I and O are maintained in configuration and the indicator Classification active is set against both of them. This is a standard SAP setting as is meant to indicate that the SAP Classification system is active for the two warranty categories.)

Define Warranty Types:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide  Plant Maintenance and Customer Service  Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service  Basic Settings  Warranties  Define Warranty Types.

Under the customizing for Warranty Types, for both the Warranty Categories I (from vendor / Manufacturer) and O (to customer), the indicators a) Dialog box for Notification

b) Dialog box for Order and

c) Dialog box for Invoice

are set and the settings are saved.

If these indicators are set, a dialog box is displayed as pop up when the user creates a Service notification, a service order, or a billing request. This is helpful as the user can see from the dialog box whether or not a warranty exists for an Equipment on the day of creation of a Service Notification or Service Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sir,

I have done all these. But i didnt get warranty popup. Should i take any Service contract as reference in service notification(iw54)? and please tell me the procedure for taking the contract as reference.

Regards,

C Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Chaitanya

Please note the following and try, i am sure you will get the result as requireed by you

You create an equipment with customer equipment type "S" for the customer material.

while creating the same, in "Warranty and Partner" field. please do maintain the dates of Bigining warranty and Warranty end,

the movement you press enter, you will get check status indicator appers, also maintain partner (customer) details then save.

now you try your notification using IW51, type "s1", the movement you enter equipment no. you will get the p[opup of warranty period indication.

It is sujjested to maintain Serial No. profile for better control on the process.

for the rest you also warranty claim settings and Diprofile for any resouis related billing.

any further doubts please do mention to me.

all the best

regards

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Chaitanya

Please note the following and try, i am sure you will get the result as required by you

You create an equipment with customer equipment type "S" for the customer material.

while creating the same, in "Warranty and Partner" field. please do maintain the dates of Bigining warranty and Warranty end,

the movement you press enter, you will get check status indicator appers, also maintain partner (customer) details then save.

now you try your notification using IW51, type "s1", the movement you enter equipment no. you will get the popup of warranty period indication.

the same thing works out well if you use service order type "smo1" for external customers.

It is sujjested to maintain Serial No. profile for better control on the process.

for the rest you also maintain warranty claim settings and Diprofile for any resource related billing.

any further doubts please do mention to me.

all the best

regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Oct 17, 2011 8:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

When creating a service notification i am getting a warranty check but i am getting an error like" A Contract could not be determined". Could u please help me out in solving the issue. I have to select the contract.

Is this the sequence of creating:

Material creation

characteristics for material

class creation(039)

assign class to the material

contract creation

master warranty creation

serial no creation

equipment creation

service notification with reference to contract

billing request

billing

Is this the sequence.. If it is wrong please send the correct sequence.

Immediate response is highly appriciated.

Regards,

C Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chaithu

Use "va42" and select your contract no, then got to "extras," select "Technical objects" in that just enter with all details / serial no. if you have.for your "equipment " for which the conract has been createed, then save and try again as mentioned to you earlier. you shuold get it.

The flow you have mentioned is ok, but test as follow:

1, Material crteation > Equipmqnt with serial no. creation > stock entry > Sales and delivery of the equipment to the customer.

2, Creating contract for the Equipment for the same Sold to party, (while creating please mention the equipment serial No. as mentioned above.

3, Now run a CS syscle as : Service Notification (IW51, S1)> Servioce order (SM01)>Service Confirmation IW41 > Billing Request Dp90 > Debit memo Request correction VA02 (remove Billing Block etc. >

After checkking all finally Billing, VF01.

If it works then please mark this thread as closed.

reagrds

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Oct 18, 2011 8:32 AM

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Oct 18, 2011 8:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Requirement is to get the material from the customer for servicing. So i have created service order and tried to get the goods from the customer through MIGO with 101 movement type.

But, I am facing an error like "No order items exist in order4000324"Message no. C6006 Diagnosis. An internal error has occurred.

So, How to get the goods copied from service order to MIGO?

How to maintain this customer stock(Serviceable material) and what is the movement type.?

Thanks in Advance,

C Chaitanya