cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation parameters 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´m checking the parameters of the note 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g over my fresh installed sap system, but i´ve the next doubt about the value of one parameter.

The note says this:

The parameter EVENT is recommended with the value "10027 trace name context forever, level 1"

I´ve executed the select from note 1171650 and i get this value

NAME

event (10027)

RECOMMENDATION

add with value "10027 trace name context forever, level 1"

REMARK

avoid process state dump at deadlock

SET

N

IS_VALUE

empty--> this field appears empty

SHOULD_BE_VALUE

10027 trace name context forever, level 1

The string "10027 trace name context forever, level 1" will be appear in the field IS_VALUE? Or the parameter is corrected implememented?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For me, as it says in SHOULD_BE_VALUE, parameter is not implemented yet to the value '10027 trace name context forever, level 1'

After correct implementation, IS_VALUE should be '10027 trace name context forever, level 1'

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add -

We don't have to add only this single line value '10027 trace name context forever, level 1' to the parameter EVENT.

There are multiple sting values to be assigned. as specified in note as well, for e.g.

event='10027 trace name context forever, level 1','10028 trace name context forever, level 1','10162 trace name context forever, level 1','10191 trace name context forever, level 1','38043 trace name context forever, level 1','38068 trace name context forever, level 100'

But when you are really going to modify the parameter EVENT, then you have consider the specific format there in command line, we faced some problems when did for the first time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP,

I´m having some doubts about the checking parameters of oracle database. If i execute the report i can see all the oracle parameters, and Have i only to change the parameters that are indicated in the note 830576? The other parameters that appear with ok (is not set; not to be set as explicitly mentioned in note) and other recommendation there are to be modificated?

optimizer_dynamic_sampling ok (is not set; not to be set as explicitly mentioned in note) 1 p N 2 deleted from parameter file K 1

Answers (0)