cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call / trigger an ECC workflow step from PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a flow "ext (file) -> PI -> ECC (workflow)", from PI, I need to run / execute / trigger () a workflow step in ECC, which already exist. I think that I can acheive this by creating an abap proxy in ECC in which I will call a Bapi or Method to run / execute / trigger () this workflow step. I don't know exactly how for the moment (in parallel I'm doing search about it), but that's not the matter.

before to waste time by searching in this way, what's the best solution to call an ECC workflow step from PI ?

Many thanks.

Mickael

(*) maybe I don't use the good terminology. Sorry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it does seem that triggering a workflow can be done by invoking a custom coded RFC or utilizing a ABAP proxy call.

I think it is only a matter of how comfortable you would be. Personally, i think the ABAP proxy way sounds appropriate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shabarish,

I'm confortable with web service, IDoc, RFC/bapi and abap proxy (and ...), but here, I prefer to use abap proxy (asynch + sxmb_moni in ecc) except if there is another better approach

else as in PI we have ccBPM, so a workflow , as in ECC we have also workflow , does my approach (abap proxy & call method) is the good one ? or is there a better way between these two workflow tools: PI + ECC ? like a standard "workflow module" or a workflow "connexion" ? (I fear I know the answer but I would prefer to be sure),

Note: I'm in PI 7.11 SP06 and ECC 6.0.

Regards.

Mickael

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might be disappointing you here but i guess proxy is the way to go

you might still want to wait for other experts to provide their views.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> before to waste time by searching in this way, what's the best solution to call an ECC workflow step from PI ?

IMHO, Proxy is the best and elegant solution to GO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

IMHO, an acronym for ?

Mickael

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO, i think it is 'In My Humble/Honest/Heartfelt Opinion'

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. Thanks