SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Business Partner and Customer in ISU?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference between business partner and customer in ISU?

if yes then wht?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes there is differecne as far as Role is concerned

1. In CRM business partner will be maitained in Sold to Party role .In ISU it is Contract partner Role with out any sales area data

2. If your trying to replicate the BP from CRM to ISU in that case it will not happen directly.you need to maintain the reference customer in SD.( I.e., BP from CRM to ISU will be replicated via SD)

Do let me know if it suffice ur requirement also ifyou have any issue in replicating BP from CRM to ISU then i would be happy to help you in the same

Regards

Hrishikesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niveditha,

I didn't get your question, business partner and customer in ISU are same.

When you create a business partner in ISU you can make settings where customer is also created automatically for SD component.

Thanks,

VR

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Business Partner is a broad term used in ISU for various roles. A business Partner can be a Customer for company, an employee or even a vendor.

It depends on what role business partner has been given. Initially by default all Business Partners are assigned a default role "Business Partner (Gen.)". Later it can be changed to any role like Employee, Vendor, etc.

Business Partner with role "Contract Partner" is normally the end Customer which I believe you are referring to.

For more info on Business Partner, please check below link:

[Business Partner Master Data|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CABP/CABP.pdf]

Thanks.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per IS-U , the Customer have the Contract with the service provider called as Business Partner .

Thanks

AnUrAg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes there is differecne as far as Role is concerned

1. In CRM business partner will be maitained in Sold to Party role .In ISU it is Contract partner Role with out any sales area data

2. If your trying to replicate the BP from CRM to ISU in that case it will not happen directly.you need to maintain the reference customer in SD.( I.e., BP from CRM to ISU will be replicated via SD)

Do let me know if it suffice ur requirement also ifyou have any issue in replicating BP from CRM to ISU then i would be happy to help you in the same

Regards

Hrishikesh