Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan is Central System, how to seperate the database to make it distribut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really need some advice.

currently SolMan 7.1 on SQLServer2008R2 on Windows08R2 is installed as a central system installation (CI&DB same host).

Due to some security policy (long story), I need to seperate the DB, to move the DB to another server, making SolMan a distributed system (CI remain on existing host, DB on a different host).

SolMan is currently already fully setup and communicating to all my other SAP systems.

What will be the easiest way to move my SQLServer DB to another server?

Will this involve needing to reinstall my CI (Abap+Java) and SCS? If no reinstallation, then how do I make the current CI talk to the relocated DB?

What is the method that will have no impact on the SolMan configurations, meaning non of the connectivity from SolMan to the other SAP systems will break after the seperation of the DB?

regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would

- shutdown the system (SAP + database) and make sure the services are all stopped

- copy the database over to a new server and start it (use Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database)

- set up the environment on the SolMan system to point to the new server (Note 98678 - SQL Server Connection Issues)

- start the instance

- if it starts remove the local installed database

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much, this is just what I needed.

regards,

Nick

Answers (0)