cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparant table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a transparent table. I change the table's design property to be <b>transparent</b>, but nothing is changed and the table is displayed in the <b>standard</b> design. btw, the <b>alternating</b> design doesn't work as well.

Does anyone know anything about it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carmit,

Did you change the readonly property to true and then check. I did that once and it worked in my case.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it works. But why does it work this way?!?! It looks like a bug, don't you think?

Carmit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it is just an annoying detail of WD / Portal theme in use

VS

0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Dont know about that. I just ran the webdynpro application and found that. i did not create a webdynpro iview for that application.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I'm trying to say is that this problem most probably caused not by Table cell renderer by itself but rather WD theme used -- cascade of CSS styles used for read-only + transparent-desing results to correct behavior, while read-write + transparent-design doesn't work.

When running inside portal, other set of stylsheets could be used, and behavior may differ.

VS

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

this behaviour is not a bug, but a feature (which should be well documented in current versions). It was the designer's decision that in an editable table, you need two colors to convey the meaning of editable vs. read-only.

Thus an alternating background color is only available if the whole table is read-only. Think of how a checkered table with alternating background colors and some white editable cells would look like.

Also, a transparent table cannot show editable vs. read-only fields. Even the input field's boundary becomes invisible. Thus it is also not allowed for editable tables.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Then I don't understand why the table's design IS changed in design time. If that behaviour is a feature, then the design time should support this feature as well, and change the table's design only when it is read only.

Carmit