cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment after pgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

At present we are able to create a shipment document before post goods issue. We wanted to create a shipment document after post goods issue. Is there any setting to do this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Shipment document ( VT01n) will be creted before PGI only.

PGI will be automatically triggered when shipment doc status is set to shipment completion and saved.

Can we know the reason for doing PGI manually.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the transportation cost is truck based, cannot decide which are all the invoices will be in a particular truck. Hence shipment creation required after PGI

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Shipment creation after PGI is not possible in SAP Standard.

There is a basic logic behind this. PGI in SAP means all activities related to Goods Movement are totally complete.

In your case, as Trucks wouldbe loaded in your premises, you will surely know the deliveries whose goods are loaded in Truck. Thus once truck is fully loaded & sealed, you can create Shipment Document & do PGI when Truck actually leaves your factory premises.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Truck will not move on the same day. the material will be sent to the godown and from there will be sent to the destination after 1 or 2 days. Cannot have a control during the goods issue. Hence is there any functional module to handle this situation.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Jignesh

Shipment creation after PGI is not possible in SAP Standard

I dont think so. Long time back, in one of my projects, while testing, I did PGI and subsequently, I generated Shipment document. Standard will allow. May be if anything is preventing, then I feel, some exit is applied.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not applied any exit at the delivery level not at the shipment.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for the information.

Yes. I now found out that creation of Shipment Document is possible after PGI.

It is very simple selection of Good Movement Status while creating Shipment Document in VT01N, which I was not aware of.

I regret the misinformation & will take care in future. I always believe it is important to not to give incorrect information.

Thanks again,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I always believe it is important to not to give incorrect information

Absolutely correct and thanks for the confirmation on my understanding. One more information is that while generating shipment document, even if you maintain blank fields and execute, system will allow you to select the PGId delivery.

G. Lakshmipathi