cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have used standard search helps for three of my input fields viz sales org,division and customer from knvp table. I should select the sales org and division based on the serch help and display the relevant sold to party customers on clicking f4 on the customer field. Please help me with this thing.

Thanks,

Tanvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

Please do search before posting. This is OVS help. You have to use WDR_OVS component.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/OVS/page1.htm

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should not use OVS. Instead i have to get the relevant records of sold to party (search help:DEBI) depending on the sales org and division.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

If you are using dictionary search help you can't do anything on that. you have to use as it is.

If you want values based on cetrain conditions means you have to use OVS.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. But if i use OVS for three fields. The same method is trigerred for all the three input fields. How could i determine for which field i am pressing F4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the same OVS instance, the importing parameters will have the relevant data and fields to distignguish among the three fields. You need to either wrtie a CASE or IF statement for the same.

Try to implement the same OVS for 3, check in debugging for the relevant importing parmeters, code accordingly in each phase of OVS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested you can use same ovs for all your inputs.

In phase2 put if condition based on your requirement and same like in phse3 also.

sample.. in phase2.

if     ovs_callback_object->context_attribute cs 'SUBTY'. // your input
        // your select query here
      ovs_callback_object->set_output_table( output = lt_select_list ).
endif.
IF ovs_callback_object->context_attribute cs 'RESUL'.
//your select query
  ovs_callback_object->set_output_table( output = lt_select_list1 ).
endif.

in phase 3..

if     ovs_callback_object->context_attribute cs 'SUBTY'.
      assign ovs_callback_object->selection->* to <ls_selection>.
ELSEIF ovs_callback_object->context_attribute cs 'RESUL'.
     assign ovs_callback_object->selection->* to <ls_selection1>.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

If you can not use OVS then u can build normal search help using search help exit (it is same as OVS but in normal ABAP context). And assign the search help in your WebDynpro.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Madhu we can achieve that way also. But on click on F4 help on one input field here, you have only MODIFYVIEW that gets triggered and necessary things needs to be captured there. But, here as per the orignial post, upon 1st input field value (F4 selection) 2nd input field F4 needs to be filled, more like a filter search help right. When we use OVS then upon clikcon F4 we can have an event for OVS for processing.

@ Tanvi - Hope my understanding as per your requirement is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try to run the standard SH independently if that is working fine as per your requirement or not.