cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF device implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how the RF device are integrated and implemented in SAP R/3.

I do understand that its not possible to provide all the details by someone but still if possible please provide the steps or tcode through which its integration is done.

I have gone through the menu of mobile data entry in IMG and got an idea of screen/menu/ assiging que to user id/verification for bins etc.

But I am not able to understand how to link a RF device to SAP I mean what would be the very first step for this.

Like in case of IDOC we design interface between 2 R/3 or non SAP system and then a message type and its function modules does the job based on the filtering critera on middleware etc. key /value mapping.

so how the data flows from a RF device to SAP and into which tables....any information will be helpfull

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

SAP system is enable to intergrate with many third party system such as POS,etc..

RF device work in the warehouse by executing SAP tcode designed for RF device such as LM00, LM51,ect... via wireless network.

When we run a RF's tcode in RF device, RF device will connect to an access point linked with SAP system and execute these Tcodes in SAP system. RF device will take a role as the input and execute remotely the RF's tcode. It means that, in case of doing some enhanment the RF's tcode, we can complete by modify the SAP program of these tcodes, but we have to take care to the limitation of screen on the RF device.

Hope this usefull for you.

Regards,

Alex Vo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the mobile device (or "RF device") directly accesses the SAP system, just like any other computer which uses the GUI or a Enterprise Portal. Depending on the mobile device you either use SAP Console, which like "translates" the screens for character-based devices, or ITS Mobile, which does the same for browser-based deviced. It is just the requirement to show whats on the GUI on a special device, which does not use the SAP GUI (and there are even Mobile Devices available which can do just that, this used to be quite common even).

You can also find providers of such devices which use their own backend to control the messaging to the devices; this then really works with messages / IDocs between the ERP system and this special backend - that was the standard practice until... R/3 4.6b. Since then the direct integration is available.

Best regards

Juergen