Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPAD WEBI report can't refresh data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have two questions:

1. How do you download the latest instance of a WEBI report to IPAD app? My webi report is scheduled to run everyday to load in the latest data, the webi report definition itself is not changed/updated.

2. I try to refresh the report on ipad with new prompt values. However, I get no data returned when the query is executed. I ran exactly the same thing with a web browser, everything works fine. Any ideas? My report is built on top of a SAP BW universe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this document

It lists the known issues and limitations for SAP mobile.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31SP4/en/400_mobile_for_iPad_rn_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok 1 is not supported. How about 2? these are the only two ways to get a report with latest data. If there is another way, I'd like to know. My comment still stands, Not for real use, only for show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

Regarding point 2..

I was testing a Webi report with universe built on top of MS Access.

I was able to refresh the report with new prompt values and the data was changing as per the new values given.

I am not sure about refreshing the report built on top of SAP BW universe.

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great news. At least I know relational DB should work with refresh on IPAD. I do notice that the BICS connection in BO4 is fairly buggy. I'm currently using a traditional BW MDX universe, which is working fine in the browser. I''m still waiting for anyone else out there who managed to run reports on IPAD against a BW mdx universe.

0 Kudos

BW Query --> OLAP Connection --> Web I --> MoBI (iPad).

The data refreshed fine and the prompts resolve perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. Could you please explain your answers more. Are you using a BICS connection or traditional BW universe? I didn't quite under the path you gave me. What's that for? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume he is talking about the BICS connection, connecting directly to the BEx Query instead of going through a Universe.

From 4.0, it is no longer possible to create OLAP Universes on top of SAP BW, hence the BICS Connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still waiting for him to reply. Is he saying IPAD can only refresh against BICS connection? I'm certain you could still create traditional universe on top of BW in 4.0. I just did in the new designer 4.0, it works fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can create a relational universe on top of BW, but not a dimensional one. It should give you an 'This connection is not supported' error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are talking about using IDT, the old universe designer still exists, use that one. it creates old .unv universe, not .unx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Honestly, I don't like SAP de-supporting creating universes/business views on top of BICS connection. They just want to force people to use BEX. Instead of treating BW equally like any OLAP or relational data sources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the universe layer on top of BICS is simply obsolete isn't it, now that BICS connects directly into the front-end?

0 Kudos

Using Old universer .unx  the prompts are working as normal, but  with the BICS there is issues downloading the report to the IPAD instead use input controls  or webi prompt for the BICS connection so that  data will be downloaded at a time and BO prompts works as normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have a webi report on top of a Relational universe based upon Oracle 10g (in IDT). Universe contains a date prompt. Does SAP BO MOBILE APP(for IPAD) supports that or not? If not, then what is the possible way around to allow user to select date on ipad for webi report? If Yes, then how can i get those prompt on Webi on Ipad?

Looking forward for your kind response.

Regards

Ayaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

on the first Question, i found the following information in the "SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Release Notes SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 4.0.1":

-

Document Features

The following document features are not supported by the application:

[...]

- Retrieving the latest instance of a downloaded document that is scheduled on the BI platform server.

-

Regards

Bodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viewed 44 times, but no one has spoken up. At this moment, I could only say WEBI on IPAD is NOT ready for any real usage. It is good for marketing only.