cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Conversion: /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We recently converted our SCM system to Unicode after doing an upgrade. We are on SCM 7.0 EhP1. We are facing two issues with Livecache. We opened a message with SAP and hopefully they will respond soon. I spent hours troubleshooting and looking for notes or posts but nothing yet.

1) Program /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD from the note 632357 section C is grayed out. Well section C is all we need to complete but strangely B is grayed out as well. Without this we cannot load our data back into livecache.

2) LC10 - all connections are ok, everything looks great, but we cannot start or stop livecache from there. We get the error Error when calling function module LC_CHECK_DB_USER

If anyone has faced this problem or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

1. Did you run SCM system conversion to Unicode during the system upgrade or you finished the upgrade, then run the convert SCM system to Unicode?

Did you run A and B section steps of Program /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD on system SCM 7.0 EhP1 before the

SCM DB was converted to UNICODE?

2. "LC10 - all connections are ok, everything looks great, but we cannot start or stop livecache from there."

Tools -> dbmcli -> db_offline

Assumption: You still have the liveCache user of ASCII type.

It's best for you to get SAP support for report issue.

What is your SAP message number.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia!

I was hoping you would see my thread, you are extremely knowledgeable. My message # is 852922/2011

I did the Unicode Conversion after the complete upgrade to EhP1, in which I ran the upgrade report (all sections).

Before the Unicode conversion I ran sections A and B. I also checked the parameter for Default Code is Unicode, the _Unicode parameter is obsolete and replaced by another which is set to yes.

Thank you!