cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 post installation issue with user sap* in client 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a wierd issue. i just finished installation of NW 7.0 SR3 and once the installtion is finished successfully i tried to login to 000 with SAP* after entering the default password. but i couldnt.

so i reset the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter to 0 in instance profile ( i have only central instance) and restarted the SAP ( including Database) and deleted the user from sql level usig following command

delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='000';

it was successful and one row got deleted.

but new sap* user is not created again.

but still i am not able to login to 000/sap* with password PASS.

i still see the : password logon no longer possible , too many failed attempts...

i have no otehr user to login to 000 client.

please help .

Edited by: akhil k on Oct 12, 2011 11:01 PM

Edited by: akhil k on Oct 12, 2011 11:05 PM

Edited by: akhil k on Oct 12, 2011 11:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil,

make sure the user sap8 is not locked when you delete & create the sap* user. because all your efforts would be useless unless the sap* is locked. and to make sure the user sap* gets unlocked in the midnight reset the exact profile parametrer.

regards

Shabbir.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> so i reset the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter to 0 in instance profile ( i have only central instance) and restarted the SAP ( including Database) and deleted the user from sql level usig following command

> delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='000';

Try to add 'commit' as well -

sql > delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='000';

sql > commit;

sql >

May be restart sap once more after that. I hope you already have 'activated' the instance profile after you added the sapstar parameter.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) After the parameter change and recycle of Apps/DB, please cross validate that profile parameter change have taken effective in the system. Have you saved and activated the profile after you changed the instance profile parameter?

2) Upon completion of step 1, follow the step as you mentioned to delete the SAP* using SQL command and ensure that you issue commit to confirm your deletion.

3) Try login with SAP* / pass and hopefully it will fix ur prob.

It looks like you are making some minor mistake some where even though you are aware of the steps.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP & Vasanth,

thanks for your time.

actually the procedure was correct. but the the issue was by the time i delete the user the user sap* was already locked so, when the new sap* is created it is locked again.

so i had to wait until midnight that the sap* gets unlock automatically and then when i login with pass, its done.

regards,

Akhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> actually the procedure was correct. but the the issue was by the time i delete the user the user sap* was already locked so, when the new sap* is created it is locked again.

>

> so i had to wait until midnight that the sap* gets unlock automatically and then when i login with pass, its done.

Hi Akhil,

Thanks for your time too - for posting the solution path you used.

But I would like to know, what is this midnight unlocking process ? Is it something customized for your system/landscape ? New thing for me as well. If you get time, please share the concept with us.

Best Regards

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this parameter in RZ11 -> login/failed_user_auto_unlock -> Documentation

Controls the unlocking of users locked by logging on incorrectly. If the parameter is set to 1, locks that were set due to failed

password logon attempts only apply on the same day (as the locking). If the parameter is set to 0, the locks remain in effect.

This will unlock the user in midnight.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To unlock and delete SAP* user, check commands:

update sapsr3.usr02 set uflag=0 where bname='SAP*' and mandt=000;

delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt=000;

Regards,

Srikishan