cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during diagnostics self check of system in Root Cause Analysis

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I have configured my introscope agent correctly, but when I go to the root cause analysis functionality (SOLMAN_WORKCENTER) and select RCA and go to Common tasks --> Setup and check --> Diagnostics self check I get an error stating that "CTC provider not available on monitored system". The action is described asd "Please check that CTC provider is installed and started on monitored system".

Is this related to some template that needs to be run? There's not alot of information out there about this one. Any help is appreciated. There is more detail below:

com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.exc.RemoteFileNotFound: [Filesystem] File [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/temp/ctc_test_XXX_1318456918256.zip] doesn't exist; canonical path is [/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/temp/ctc_test_XXX_1318456918256.zip] at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemService.checkFilePath(FilesystemService.java:320) at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemService.getFileInfo(FilesystemService.java:123) at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemService.getFileInfo(FilesystemService.java:116) at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemServicep4_Skel.dispatch(FilesystemServicep4_Skel.java:104) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Please make sure you apply the latest available patch to your LM-SERVICE. Keep in mind that you must not upgrade your SP, only the patch level. It should solve your issue.

If not, please inform your LM-SERVICE component version and I will suggest further.

Best regards,

Guilherme

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. Does the managed system get this update, or the solution manager system? Thanks.

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the Solution Manager. The application will be deployed to the managed system (into the agents).

terri_holland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have this same error. My LM-SERVICE is 7.10 SP3 patch 1, which is the latest available version. The strange thing is that I don't get this error on all of my managed systems, only some of them.

Please tell me how to correct this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe this note could be helpful: 1635099 - CCDB CTC Extractor - Prerequisites

Regards,

Diego.

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to put a final statement on this issue.

Note 1635099 is the right one. This message is not a issue. It is because the CTC Provider component don't exist on managed system.

You disable the CTC extractor in the Self Check if you want to get rid of this message.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem like described above, but the mentioned note doesn't solved the problem.

I have SolMan 7.1 SP3, LM_TOOLS 7.02.9.5 and LM_SERVICE 7.10.3.1. My managed system is PI 7.11

In managed system I checked service tc/lm/ctc/confs/startup_app is running fine. Is there anything else what I can check to get the error resolved?

Thank you,

Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

It seems to me that you´re using an incorrect LM_TOOLS for your stack. As per the stack definition under service.sap.com/sp-stacks and note 1612514:

"LIFECYCLE MGMT TOOLS 7.02", "OS independent",

Patch 5 (or higher) for SP 8 of LIFECYCLE MGMT TOOLS 7.02

"SOLMANDIAG 710", "OS independent",

Patch 1 (or higher) for SP 3 of SOLMANDIAG 7.10

LM_TOOLS should be 7.02.8.<5 or higher> for Solman 7.1 SPS3. Otherwise your solman is not SPS3. I´m not sure if this is the root cause of your problem, but take this into account.

Regards,

Diego.

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

May I point out that the LM-TOOLS should exist in the managed system, that is, your PI system.

Answers (0)