Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check-In" option not activated during track configuration

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a track for my development and followed all the steps required.

I created the product, the software unit and also he software component and marked its state as "started" in the SLD. Added the dependents SAP JEE, sap buildt, sap jtechs too the SC. Then opened the CMS and update the CMS using the "Update CMS" button in the "Domain data" of Landscape Configurator. Under the "Track Data" i created a new track and added my SC too under which I can see the 3 dependents too. But when I go to "Transport Studio" I dont see any thing under the "Check In" tab for my track. For my SC there are no entries at all and because of which the "Check In" button is disabled.

Can any one please let me know if am doing ay thing wrong in the process? Am i missing some thing. I am following the presentation from SAP for creating the track http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0b1f2c8-54e0-2910-9ab3-b85f15093655

thanks in advance

PK

Edited by: Jason Lax on Dec 27, 2011 5:21 PM (Updated URL to correct format)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to import for each track, because the CBS buildspaces have to be filled up with the DCs you will sync later during the development. Else there will be no place to sync from since the buildspaces are empty.

Other examples why the import is required.

- Even the same SC can be different, since for instance you can import sapbuildt SP(X) but also sapbuildt SP(X+5).

Which SCs, and which of their Relase, SP and Patch Level exactly to import are depending on your needs.

- Later you may upgrade your track to a higher SP version (for example beacuse you have upgraded the target runtime system(s) where you deploy your product), then you need to reimport again.

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to download them since it depends on what you intend to develop.

The SCs you pointed out are for WebDynpro and J2EE applications.

If you intend to develop for instance ESS or CAF or CRM or Portal related stuff then you need different SCAs.

See this note:

#1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types

Best Regards,

Ervin

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John & Eric,

Thanks for your replies.

my problem is resolved but it lead to new doubt.

Suppose I am creating multiple tracks which have same set of dependent SCs. In that case do i have to check-in the whole of set of the same SCs again and again for each track? instead of doing it that way wouldn't it have been logical to make them automatically available in the check-in tab (may be through SLD or WASJ2EE engine or by some other way) since they are already deployed during netweaver installation?

thanks in advance,

PK

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to do it for each track.

you are not always using the same version of sca for the track, which is not available in the server.

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your response. My problem is resolved now

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think this depends on the release and the situation. Consider an engine which as default has no usage type DI, and you add it later. I am not sure that during the installation of usage type DI these SCs are copied to the CMS inbox automatically.

Most likely on certain releases you can run the DI-all in one wizard but I am not sure either if that these SCs are copied to the CMS inbox. Or consider a case when the location of the CMS inbox is changed.

I suggest rather to check where is your current CMS inbox. You find it on the Domain Data tab of the Landscape Configurator of the CMS webui, and then simply download the files from the service marketplace into this folder.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get the files from the service marketplace.

Since I don't know the release and SP you intend to develop for, I send you a general description:

http://service.sap.com/patches --> Browse our Download Catalog -->

SAP NetWeaver and complementary products --> SAP NETWEAVER -->

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 --> Entry by Component --> Development Infrastructure

a) DI BUILD TOOL 7.00

b) SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00

c) SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at this note:

#1259604 u2013 CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1259604)

Best Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to put those SCA file in the inbox folder

check the Transport Directory of your NWDI in landscape configurator

if your Transport Directory is /usr/sap/trans/JTrans

you have to put the file in /usr/sap/trans/JTrans/CMS/inbox by default

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John and Ervin,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

John: Do you mean that I have to get the SCA files of the dependent SCs for my track and put them in the cms inbox? If so can you please let me know how I can get the SCA files for the dependent SCs for my track. The list of the dependents i added is

SAP_JTECHS

SAP_BUILDT

SAP-JEE

Can you pleae let me know from where I can get the SCA files for these.

thanks in advance,

PK

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in most case, those file is already downloaded when you download the installation file for the netweaver.

ask your basis.

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin & John

Thanks for your replies. They exactly pointed to the solution.

But now I am wondering as to why should these SCs be downloaded exclusively even though they are part of the core netweaver platform. I was under the impression that such SCs will be available once netweaver is installed successfully. Please correct me if I am wrong

thanks

PK

(awarded both of you the points )