cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While creating data types ,when I right click should i select insert elements or sub elements

ex:table fileds kunnr,matnr

I gave name to data types (dt_tables) data types for tables,now this will show up to the bottom like dt_table,now shall i right click and select insert elements afater that shall i slect insert sub elements or elements or rows,what is the difference

Please advise

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Difference between element and subelement is element is like it will insert fields at same level

While Subelement is it will insert the Node under that elements will come

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So how can I justify to use which element or sub element and at what time and what scenario

Is this scenario specific like ex: idoc>PI>SOAP or

It is standard for all the scenario's when creating data types

what is xsd to be used at the time creating data types

I also see an option of data types apart from xsd,what is the difference and which one to use at what time

Please advise

pooja

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Pooja,

u will come to know according to your business requirement suppose for example

A

B

in the above 123 are elements A and B subelements actaully these structures will be given in functional requirements in mappings according to that u will come to know

XSD depends on what type of data coming from sorce field if it is Numbers or charcters or boolean values ,date ,what type of this u should use u will come to know when u see the sorce structure

depend on that u will select the XSD

String almost supports all types of XSD

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Oct 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the difference between max and min occurences

when to use 0:1 and 0:unbounded and 1:unbounded

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>what is the difference between max and min occurences

when to use 0:1 and 0:unbounded and 1:unbounded

If your field element or node is not mandatory and if occurs that can appear only one time then use 0:1

if your field element or node is not mandatory and if occurs it can go up to many times then use 0:unbounded

if your field element or node is mandatory and it can show up multiple times then give occurence 1 to many i.e 1 to Unbounded

hope that helps