cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice image scanning (email)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi we have invoice scanning via text/manual ( iguess its readsoft or opentext) with this when we recieve invoices twice they were scanned twice and creating duplicates is any ides how to avoid duplicates get on to system after scanning system should only take last scanned one (it should overwrite existing invoice image) so what needs to be fixed any suggestion and ideas are most welcome

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

In Acoount Payables process, first the document are received by Accounts department. The Invoice history of vendor is verified by PO number , Date, Vendor Invoice numbers. Once details are verified then only new payments to vendor are initiated. Once Invoice is created and posted in system, the documents are scanned and upload in system.

so question of scanning duplicates should'nt arise.

When scanning is done, some important parameters are picked from vendors invoice such as PO number, date, Vendor Invoice number. I think these values can be cross checked before commiting all information in system. If all the information matches then further scanning should not take place.

This process is very clumsy as people who are doing scanning are very cheap labours and not even 10 Grade passed.

If you want to hire B.Com people for this then your scanning process cost increases. So my first process is feasible for such scenario and we have implemented and sucessfully utilized by our client.

what process is designed at your end. Please let us knw so that we can have some solution built around it.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash

SAP assigns a unique DocID to each scanned document and does not have the capibility of OCR.

I can think of a couple of instances where small changes to an invoice might require a re-scan of the document and where both documents need to be retained.

But as you say, you receive duplicate invoices from the supplier.

Each invoice should contain the Purchase Order number and this could / should be checked before the scan to ensure that the invoice has not already been paid.

At the time of scanning the invoice is assigned and subsequently stored and duplication should be picked up here.