Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control ALV Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How to control the layout modification. Below are the points should be considered.

1 - The user should be able to create layouts and change the ones he created. (Imagine he will not enable user-defined layout, this is just a generic layout)

2 - The user should not be able to change other layouts which he has not created. (Imagine the user-defined layout is not ticked but he is changing a generic layout created by others)

3 - He should not have access to change the default for any layouts and it should be done by the help of fire fighter id.

I checked out the note 601803, and it says can be controlled by the i_SAVE parameter which can be set " " or "U" to control it.

But where do i set this i_save values.

The other thing was the authorization object S_ALV_LAYO can be set to maintain "23".

But still it is not clear, how do i control it for the default SAP transaction and custom transaction.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to S_ALV_LAYO, need to control some other objects like for G/L line item display layout can be controlled with F_IT_ALV

0 Kudos

Does F_IT_ALV object was being used only for GL transactions or globally?

0 Kudos

I found the answer. The S_ALV_LAYO object gives the authorization to the user to maintain the layouts. So if the object is removed from the user authorization, then he will be able to create the user defined variant only and cannot change the generic layout and the default can be done only for the user defined and not the generic layout.

0 Kudos

Yes, but you must take care of it in your own coding, otherwise your authorizations will be infested with the fleas of 1000 SU53 screenshots each day...

It is something you have to live with as security admin, along with some other bogus checks.

I normally put them all into a "trouble_shhoting" role and if the user has a problem, then the first you do is eliminate them (temporarily).

Cheers,

Julius