Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SLAW to audit CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We regularly run SLAW reports to audit our production ERP and NW systems. We are early in the process of rolling out CE systems to a number of plants. We would like to audit these systems as well, but they of course have no associated ABAP.

I have searched SDN and the documentation, but have not found documentation on a JAVA-only system.

Is it possible to use SLAW against CE?

Can anyone point me at the documention on setting it up?

Best regards,

Russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the document mentioned in this [thread|;. It tells how to download LAW file from portal. Just look for that powerpoint presenation on service.sap.com/licenseauditing. It might work for CE. It's just going to url <portal>/usmm.

One would think that solution manager would provide functionality to download all LAW files from all systems and then run license auditing.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the document mentioned in this [thread|;. It tells how to download LAW file from portal. Just look for that powerpoint presenation on service.sap.com/licenseauditing. It might work for CE. It's just going to url <portal>/usmm.

One would think that solution manager would provide functionality to download all LAW files from all systems and then run license auditing.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Martin.

I checked the pdf on the licenseauditing site, but it does not appear to pertain to CE. Specifically there doesn't appear to be a page at http://hostname:port/usmm on CE.

I may be out of luck.

Best regards,

Russ

0 Kudos

According to the last post by Mylene (see above link) the SAP Java stack does not have a user licensing measurement anymore.

That makes it "freeware" if you already have a SAP license to download it?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow I doubt that.

I'm going to open a message and get the official response.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

0 Kudos

I would also be interested...

But I still ask myself who would implement a SAP portal with zero SAP backend content and engage in a license just for that?

Anyway, keep us posted when you have spoken to your account manager / got a service.sap.com response.

Cheers,

Julius